Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
Hey Gypsy, it's almost 10AM and I'm having my last
cuppa coffee! ha
I have a roast and a ragu in the oven, a load of laundry
ready for the dryer and will be getting on top of ridding
up.

How are the kitties doing?...are they snoozing?
Actually YES
I have a lap full of kitties right now, sat down to take a break from bathroom cleaning and they piled on ๐Ÿฅฐ
2 x

Catticus

Re: Slow down, please!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

My sis and I dream of having soundproof rooms! My brother always fell asleep with his TV on. His bedroom was clear down the hall. Our walls in that house were solid. But we could hear the low murmuring, then a louder sound like maybe a car crash in a movie, and we'd jolt awake. We'd have to wait until he fell asleep of course to go shut it off, because he didn't have it blaring. We could just still hear it, and so we got no sleep until he fell asleep.

He loves sleeping with it on to this day. My sis and I are SO envious of people who can sleep anywhere, and with the TV blaring or loud music. We're envious of people who don't mind changes in life, too.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
My sis and I dream of having soundproof rooms! My brother always fell asleep with his TV on. His bedroom was clear down the hall. Our walls in that house were solid. But we could hear the low murmuring, then a louder sound like maybe a car crash in a movie, and we'd jolt awake. We'd have to wait until he fell asleep of course to go shut it off, because he didn't have it blaring. We could just still hear it, and so we got no sleep until he fell asleep.

He loves sleeping with it on to this day. My sis and I are SO envious of people who can sleep anywhere, and with the TV blaring or loud music. We're envious of people who don't mind changes in life, too.
I don't do change well. My husband bought me a new cell phone the other day. I needed one but it was stressful at first. I don't like going on vacation because there is a hotel involved and packing and planning for pet care. I just totally understand what you are saying.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

I know. I know. They're not all the way in, though.

It has to do with living with two hard of hearing people who do not realize how extremely loud they are being, nor how loud the TV is when they're watching it.

It also has to do with my sensitivity to noise. If I'm in my room here, I can hear it when someone sets even a fork on the counter in the kitchen. When my mother sets something down on counters, etc., she doesn't realize how loud she's being, and she can't fully feel things when holding them. A small can being set down on the table or counter, sounds like a rifle shot.
๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿคฏ

She doesn't shut things like the microwave or cupboards. She SLAMS them closed. One of these days that microwave handle is going to come off in her hand.

I can hear full conversations when I'm in another room, even a room that's the furthest away.

I swear I can even hear grass growing.
๐Ÿ˜„

My sis and I have been this way since infancy. Our parents say we have Bionic Ears.
๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿป

It's really not that "Fancy Smancy." It's actually debilitating at times. It's "hyperacusis." We never ever got a full night's rest as infants, toddlers and while growing up.

Noises we cannot bear are different than some listed for this disorder. Most noises we cannot bear are "people made noises." Not machinery, but things like certain music (and instruments involved) the TV or people making mumbling sounds, snoring, people talking when we're trying to sleep, etc.

Look up "HSP". It's what my sis and I "are".

"Highly Sensitive Person."

It doesn't mean merely FEELINGS. It has to do with too much "stimulation" for too long. Lights, sounds, visual, etc.

It's a nightmare! Our dad is this way. Hates noise. Hates crowds.

And...this is the desert...and the desert has...bugs. All kinds, and in all shapes and sizes. Doesn't matter how much house cleaning a person does...they're a part of desert life. So earplugs are VITAL when sleeping! I can still hear well with them in.
๐Ÿคข
๐Ÿฆ— ๐Ÿ•ท ๐Ÿฆ‚ ๐Ÿž ๐Ÿœ ๐Ÿ
Cat...Hubby calls mine VULCAN hearing!

I can hear paint drying. And him...? Because of so many years spent inside a * canโ€™t hear as much as he should or used to be able to. Heโ€™s not hard of hearing by any stretch but he just canโ€™t hear things at certain decibels or very quiet things.

I hear it all!
4 x

Gypsy

4 years ago

With all the loud music & loud TVs, hospitals with never ending activity of machines beeping, buzzing and hissing that I lived with for years and the fact that now I live in direct line of airport takeoff flights and right next to very active train tracks I guess it's no wonder I really dont sleep much. But strangely the noise doesn't bother me......silence does
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
4 years ago

I don't do change well. My husband bought me a new cell phone the other day. I needed one but it was stressful at first. I don't like going on vacation because there is a hotel involved and packing and planning for pet care. I just totally understand what you are saying.
Iโ€™m the same way about vacations! The pet boarding stresses me. Our two dogs go to one place and my birds to another. And I worry the entire time.
I love being ON a vacation but the planning...ohhhh...
And I make a packing list two months in advance. And I am a weird kind of person who buys a new wardrobe every time we take a vacay. I did the same thing for the kids when they were here too.
Disney for one week was a yearly thing. Took a lot of planning...for me anyway.
4 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
4 years ago

With all the loud music & loud TVs, hospitals with never ending activity of machines beeping, buzzing and hissing that I lived with for years and the fact that now I live in direct line of airport takeoff flights and right next to very active train tracks I guess it's no wonder I really dont sleep much. But strangely the noise doesn't bother me......silence does
My husband has tinitis so silence drives him crazy. He's always making noise to drown out the noise he hears. We are quite a pair because the noise he makes drives me nuts. :lol:
3 x

Gypsy

4 years ago
Gypsy wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
4 years ago

My husband has tinitis so silence drives him crazy. He's always making noise to drown out the noise he hears. We are quite a pair because the noise he makes drives me nuts. :lol:
Oh yeah... the constant high pitched ringing he hears would be horribly annoying
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Are we related, maybe?
3 x

Gemsnob

4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Are we related, maybe?
We might be! My closets!! I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to start and I'm too embarrassed to have anyone help. Life got away from me and now I don't care... Catt, don't feel bad. I get you. All of it. We have people depending on us. It's a mental drain. I know this...if someone looked inside my head, it would look like my closet!
2 x