How is a FF Ruby AAA Premium

Vicky
Answers: 1

How is a FF Ruby AAA Premium

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Craig and Stacy presented a Niassa Ruby and the description on the screen started: AAA Premium Niassa Ruby (FF)
This is a insult to our intelligence. They must disclose that Niassa rubies are Fissure filled, but they place before it that its AAA Premium. How are we ever going to trust them on any gemstone when they blatantly lied about this ruby filled with glass ?? They made a huge mistake doing this, because the next time they claim a gem is AAA we know its probably just made up so it sells.
They can still fix the wrong description, by saying it was a typo.
If they leave it as is, and say nothing, then all the shoplc appraisals of AAA stones will be questionable, because maybe the same appraiser that claimed a glass filled, enhanced Niassa Ruby was AAA Premium, Is appraising all the shoplc gemstones.

I better have my shoplc AAA gemstones appraised. They all might be FF 😡
7 x

Margui

Re: How is a FF Ruby AAA Premium

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

A heavily treated stone like a Fissure filled ruby or dyed Jade is not AAA. That is fraudulent. They can't compare the beauty of a high quality ruby. I saw a pair of untreated loose rubies on a gem show and it's stunning. The price of those gems are for the rich not for the average person.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Well said Vicky, this is not the first time in the past couple of weeks that they have pushed their AAA fissure filled ruby, I no longer trust any of the host, they do what ever it takes to make a sale and they must not have any morals. I posted about this the first time I saw this on the air, at least the J channel is up front and tell their customers what it is and do not try to pass it off as AAA.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Well said Gem lover 👍
How does SLC ever expect us to believe them when they claim a Gem is PREMIUM AAA ? This was a huge mistake on their part, because they lost their credibility with their viewers.
A stone that was not suitable for jewelry before it underwent its cracks being glass filled and its color enhanced and inclusions repaired, is not by any imagination even an A grade. If its not handled and cleaned with extreme care the stone will break into pieces.
I figure they put this fake appraisal for newbies who have no idea what FF means. What they didn’t take into account is that to sell 100 FF stones, they forever ruined their credibility when they appraise all future stones. Who would ever trust their appraisals ?
They must have hired someone to improve their on air description of their jewelry. Looks like this same person claimed on a few different PINK DIAMONDS that they were G-H in color😆 G-H is near colorless. If a pink diamond is near colorless, its white, not pink, losing most of its value as a natural fancy pink diamond. What surprises me is from all the hosts that saw the G-H “ mistake” only Becky said a pink diamond cant be G-H, thats its a mistake.
You would think once Becky who is GIA trained told them its a mistake, they would remove that appraisal. NOPE !! It still remains.
Like I said, shoplc needs to hire the correct people to stop the BLOODBATH that management is ignoring 😣
6 x

Gem Lover

I wonder if anyone here has bought their pink diamonds I have a feeling they probably GH and have no color. :lol:
3 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

Sales people are not there to inform you honestly about a product but to sell a product. You have to educate yourself and not react when someone says it is ruby. As far as I know these FF ruby jewelry are sold by department stores for hundreds and in low 1thousand dollars and I have some because there were cheap and I liked them.

Garnet, peridot, chrome diopside, black spinel are stones that are not treated and for this reason I buy them... and I have very nice pieces in my collection. Of course, you can buy FF rubies, sapphires and emeralds, but you have to do it with the full knowledge what you are buying.

If you are not try to resell what you are buying on ShopLC, you better buy what you like.
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Totally agree, Derby. If a store is behind their products, they should be honest of what they are selling and that's included not treating a heavily treated stone as high quality gem. Those stores Macy's and JC Penney retrained their sales persons about FF rubies and sold them as they are without putting any label like "premium" or AAA graded after that scandal both had back in 2008.
6 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

I don't want to be judgmental or too strict about gem treatment, because we all know that most gems and stones are treated in one or another way to achieve better color or durability. From ancient times, most stones are treated. Amethyst is routinely heated, white pearls are bleached, turquoise impregnated with resins and agate is dyed etc., and nobody question it. So... maybe, FF Rubies can be AAA Premium. If you are interested in gem treatment, please, read this article: https://www.gia.edu/gem-treatment .
1 x

Gem Lover

I have to disagree Derby on the AAA fissure filled ruby, a AAA gemstone is a high quality gem, a fissure filled/glass filled gemstone is the lowest quality and therefore has to be filled with glass to hid the poor quality and it is not a stable treatment, it can explode in an ultrasonic cleaner, be ruined by a jewelers torch not to mention even lemon juice can ruin it. AAA ruby can withstand all of this without damage so there is no way a fissure filled is AAA. The GIA does not even consider a glass filled ruby genuine, they consider it a composite ruby and is worth far less once it is glass filled so no one should be calling a glass filled ruby AAA. There is nothing wrong with buying one but a seller should not call it AAA and mislead those who do not know what fissure filled is.
6 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I thought the same thing when I saw it last night. How can they call a Niassa ruby AAA premium? The terms FF and AAA just don't belong in the same sentence, let alone in a gemstone description. I thought the ring was top heavy and ugly. I couldn't believe they set it in 10K gold.
4 x