Why are they saying...

RS

Why are they saying...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

That the amber they are showing is a close out from Tucson this year when many of the pieces have been sold here previously? Maybe all, I don’t know. But I DO know that many have been, including the ring I purchased during their last amber event.
4 x

Blossom

Re: Why are they saying...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
That the amber they are showing is a close out from Tucson this year when many of the pieces have been sold here previously? Maybe all, I don’t know. But I DO know that many have been, including the ring I purchased during their last amber event.
Seems like every time I switch channels to SLC (which isn't often), it's all from Tucson!
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

They showed a round, Amber tree of life pendant that is supposedly from Tuscon but I bought the exact same one 9 months ago on the RA. Maybe they bought new stock or maybe it's from Tucson last year or maybe they are full of 💩.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
They showed a round, Amber tree of life pendant that is supposedly from Tuscon but I bought the exact same one 9 months ago on the RA. Maybe they bought new stock or maybe it's from Tucson last year or maybe they are full of 💩.
They were NOT telling the truth. The piece they had with the bugs...saying that SLC has never ever in their history had that is not true. They had the same thing, with a guaranteed bug inside, during the last amber event.

Why say things that aren’t true like that? Do they think we don’t remember? Or are they counting on none of the “old timers” being around by now?
7 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

Well, consider the source. Not a fan. Plus, you can go on eBay and get a whole bug encased in Amber for WAY less than their prices. Also, the carvings? The head silhouette. I think those are called 'intaglio' where they carve into them from the back. That's what JTV used to say. I could be wrong. Could be 'pulling a Marva'. :o
4 x

Jo

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

I have been watching SLC since its inception and have bought thousands of dollars worth of items. I have had some issues with them, but mostly happy with the majority of items and interaction with CS. I learned early on, however, that starting prices and host commentary could be very misleading. I've mentioned before on this forum that I almost always have the sound off when I watch. If I do listen, I take everything they say with a grain of salt and remind myself they're just trying to make a sale.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Jo wrote:
4 years ago
I have been watching SLC since its inception and have bought thousands of dollars worth of items. I have had some issues with them, but mostly happy with the majority of items and interaction with CS. I learned early on, however, that starting prices and host commentary could be very misleading. I've mentioned before on this forum that I almost always have the sound off when I watch. If I do listen, I take everything they say with a grain of salt and remind myself they're just trying to make a sale.
Yes completely agree. Shame we have to do our own research but necessary. That's another reason this forum can be so helpful, there are alot of very SMART women & men 🤗 on the forum
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Jo wrote:
4 years ago
Yep, I know that. My mistake for having SLC on to LISTEN to since I was busy painting.
2 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

So, If everyone agrees they make deceptive remarks just to make the sale, then why are we buying from dishonest people?
4 x