Cheryl again

Vicky
Answers: 1

Cheryl again

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Cheryl claiming that the price of a ring is $129, but if 15 people call in it goes to $39.99. If not, the price stays at $129. Thats a outright untruth.
Some Newbies dont know this pricing game yet. Shannon did the same earlier. Its not Ethical. With shannon, the lower peice was that way since yesterday. With Cheryl, its just not right pretending and saying if 15 people dont call in, then the price stays at $129. We oldies know prices are set. No way its $129, but if 15 call in, its $39
Things are really deteriorating at SLC. The Hosts dont mention sizes or weights of items if it might not sell if they did. So the next time, the customer doesn’t trust them.
Yesterday they sold pink diamond studs. In the on air description it stated it was G-H in color i3 in clarity
The Hosts never corrected it. If its G-H then its not pink or any color, because G-H is near colorless in a white diamond.
One Host ( one of my previous favorite)even read the description without blinking. The other ( my other fave) just said nothing. A week ago Becky sold the same earrings and when she saw the description, she said thats a mistake. It cant be G-H.
So, viewers know they can trust Becky. Unfortunately, the others not so much anymore ☹️
10 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Cheryl again

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I used to like Shannon and Becky, but I'm slowly losing respect for them. I watched late last night and early morning and both are pushing their sales pitch to the very very edge. They used to not do this - so I guess they are being pressured. It's like right at the moment of a outright lie or outrageous claim - they will either, mumble at the end of the assertion, get distracted by a an offset person, the music will start playing so they will stop in mid sentence to "get excited" or some other reason to stop their ridiculous pitch (as they know it's ridiculous) to change the subject (to ease their conscience imo) - but their lead in of the BS is established firmly. I know what they are doing, but like Vicky said, newbies will not.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I do not trust any of them anymore.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Like the FB video most of us watched...'It's all about making the sale.' And as she said, you (host) go along with it because it's your job.

I kinda think all shopping networks are this way to some degree. Sad but true. :!:
3 x

NYCGirl

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

The consumer pays for Cable TV, Satellite, etc., so the FCC does not regulate the content. This means that home shopping networks are not required to tell the truth about what they are selling. It's up to the company to establish the integrity of their brand. Newbies won't know the difference, but for long-term customers it's shocking how the hosts have crossed the line, playing fast and loose with the truth. They may sell more product short term, but in the long run, this unethical practice will affect Shop LC's bottom line.
7 x

Jo

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

I don't trust any of them either. I mostly rely on my own knowledge and experience when evaluating the quality and value of an item. But I've been shopping these networks for over 20 years. I feel for those folks that only depend on the hosts for information. My suggestions is to think of these hosts as people just trying to make a sale - kind of like used car salesmen. They will say whatever they think you need to hear to buy, buy, buy.
4 x

Mikenzy

Post by Mikenzy » 4 years ago

When Cheryl is on I have to turn off the sound! She is pushy and she exagerates prices! For instance , I've heard Cheryl state the retail price of .925 sterling silver is $20 per gram!!! Sterling silver is under sixty cents per gram!!! I also find the wrangling of customers to get on the phone in order to get a lower price, disgusting! Cheryl started this scam and now many hosts ,including executives, have followed her lead! Many times hosts will claim on air that they are offering a one time low price. In reality it is the every day online price
4 x

Mikenzy

Post by Mikenzy » 4 years ago

When Cheryl is on I have to turn off the sound! She is pushy and she exagerates prices! For instance , I've heard Cheryl state the retail price of .925 sterling silver is $20 per gram!!! Sterling silver is under sixty cents per gram!!! I also find the wrangling of customers to get on the phone in order to get a lower price, disgusting! Cheryl started this scam and now many hosts ,including executives, have followed her lead! Many times hosts will claim on air that they are offering a one time low price. In reality it is the every day online price :roll:
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Mikenzy wrote:
4 years ago
When Cheryl is on I have to turn off the sound! She is pushy and she exagerates prices! For instance , I've heard Cheryl state the retail price of .925 sterling silver is $20 per gram!!! Sterling silver is under sixty cents per gram!!! I also find the wrangling of customers to get on the phone in order to get a lower price, disgusting! Cheryl started this scam and now many hosts ,including executives, have followed her lead! Many times hosts will claim on air that they are offering a one time low price. In reality it is the every day online price
@Mikenzy Most all of us agree with your assessment of Cheryl's presentations and the pricing games. When she first started at SLC she was smiling and "chipper" on set and she would give the price and say (not yell) Welcome in to SLC
Loved watching her in the mornings
Then the screaming started 🥴😖🤯. -Gypsy
1 x