What's Wrong with This Picture?

NYCGirl

What's Wrong with This Picture?

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

There is a male host on Shop LC who is a self-described, successful gemstone hunter, lapidary, and gem dealer. I take him at his word, when he touts his exclusive access and relationships with mine owners around the world. This host has even sold some of his personal collection of top gem kunzite, to Shop LC. So why do I see him on air, all hours of the night (and day) hocking jewelry for $9.99 and under? There's nothing wrong with selling jewelry under $10.00, but it's like a rock star on late night TV moonlighting with a cheesy Top 40 band. What's in it for him? This host should only be selling Shop LC's luxury, high end product. Otherwise, it's embarrassing.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Re: What's Wrong with This Picture?

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I think you are talking about Tenner. Personally I really enjoy him but I agree it not the most effective use of his persona and does nothing for his image. I guess you have to keep in mind the rats are running the lab here.
6 x

NYCGirl

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I think you are talking about Tenner. Personally I really enjoy him but I agree it not the most effective use of his persona and does nothing for his image. I guess you have to keep in mind the rats are running the lab here.
Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. It's a relief that I'm not the only one thinking it's not the best use of this host's talents. It just seems crazy that Shop LC would have a gem expert selling jewelry boxes, pens, and massage wands. Rats running the lab--I love that! It explains everything.
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

NYCGirl: I agree with you 100%. I love Tanner, his persona and vast wealth of information he shares with us. I was surprised a few nights ago when he was wrapped up with Marva & dancing in a pearl rope 100 inch strand. Something was “just not right with that.”
They are on together so much lately. They are on again with the fire opals. Wish they would pair him with a variety of other hosts. I don’t particularly care for Marva. Nothing personal, I don’t know anything about her. Who makes out the schedules??? 🌸
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I am not impressed with him at all. Serious gem miners use world class companies that specialize in geophysical studies,economic forecasts, petrophysical studies, engineering analysis, reserves assessment, appraisals and gem management services. <<< Adult stuff. Not someone who haggles with a friend of a friend and "risks" $20,000 on a rough, let it sit in a warehouse for years, then makes a small fortune. <<< one of his stories. Good for him but he's not the real deal. He filibusters his greatness. He grosses me out too.

Just my opinion.
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I am not impressed with him at all. Serious gem miners use world class companies that specialize in geophysical studies,economic forecasts, petrophysical studies, engineering analysis, reserves assessment, appraisals and gem management services. <<< Adult stuff. Not someone who haggles with a friend of a friend and "risks" $20,000 on a rough, let it sit in a warehouse for years, then makes a small fortune. <<< one of his stories. Good for him but he's not the real deal. He filibusters his greatness. He grosses me out too.

Just my opinion.
OSOTT,

He's not my cup of tea (for various reasons) but I probably wouldn't be his cup of tea either!😂

It's all good! Different strokes!
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago

Just my opinion.
OSOTT,

He's not my cup of tea (for various reasons) but I probably wouldn't be his cup of tea either!😂

It's all good! Different strokes!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You made me laugh out loud! Nooooo, I'm pretty dang sure I wouldn't be his cup of tea either! Hahaha!
2 x