Virus is spreading

Gem Lover

Re: Virus is spreading

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Two more people tested positive in my state for the virus today and one of them attended a church service so now they're asking everybody who was at that church service to self quarantine themselves to see if they come down with symptoms.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gem Lover

I so hear you. 17 people have died from the nursing home now. 69 remain inside and cannot be evacuated for quarantine as no medical facility in the area can or will take them. There are enough tests for those people, but not for the remaining staff who are so heroically still working around the clock.

I am making myself watch the news in case I miss something important but it is with a so heavy heart I can barely stand it.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Gem Lover
Pretty soon thousands will be in Quarantine in each state. Lots of schools and colleges are now having students take their lessons via home pc.
4 of my grandkids flew on British air, and then notified that 2 stewardess tested positive. The kids returned to school before notified. What now. Who goes on quarantine ?? My grandkids and all their classmates, kids on their schoolbus, kids who ate at the same lunchroom ??
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I know someone previously posted about this but... Has enough time passed for those testing positive for coronavirus & with symptoms to be deemed virus free? What is the duration of this virus?
I think that the biggest thing is that it is spreading faster
than anything else that has gone around previously.
I'm scared.

OH and...most harmful for elderly and those with weakened
immunity!

OH and....I always use my hand sanitizer when posting on forum!! :lol:
@honey

I needed that joke tonight!

BA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!
😂🤣😂
5 x

Vicky

@Catticus
How are you ?
I know you have been overwhelmed with loved ones, so I am so happy to see you posting.
❤️🥰
3 x

Vicky

Just a note about why we are in such a panic, after all the flu kills thousands every year.
Many people have heart disease which kills thousands yearly. So people should ignore if they have kidney disease, or type 2 diabetes, etc. because after all heart disease kills so many more.
The fact remains that flu comes around yearly. Some people who get flu shots avoid it or it hits milder. There are meds that can help with the severity of the flu, but the flu comes around no matter what is done.
This virus has alot of unknowns,not sure how its easily transmitted, except it can kill quickly if it reaches the lungs, even the healthiest, young people. We have no vaccines, we have no immunity built up against this snake. So being calm about this virus who in the first couple months has infected hundreds of thousands, killed so many, is irresponsible.
Just because the flu kills so many, we dont panic, because we learned the flu will return yearly no matter how much we panic. There are at least flu shots, etc. with this virus, besides isolation and not touching possible infected surfaces, and using disinfectants, we are helpless. This virus is in its infancy. Can get alot worse, even kill more then the flu. We dont have to panic, we just have to take every step possible to prevent its spread. NOT IGNORE IT
GOD- ITS TIME YOU SLAUGHTERED THIS EVIL SNAKE🙏🏻
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

:shock:
3 x

Vicky

@JewelryQueen
My kids are trying to shame me into going to the party. I assured them that the jewelry gifts will get there, but im the only one above 60 , who went thru many surgeries, etc. so my immune system suffered.
A few Grandkids might have been exposed to the virus. 2 of my kids do close medical care. One is a PA doing biopsies, etc. bending over patients while doing procedures. That office does not have proper screening procedures as far as Im concerned. When Ebola, sars was active, we had a screener in protective gear standing by the ER entrance getting info on recent travel, etc. taking a Temp. If any possible exposure, they were not allowed in the waiting room. They were isolated. The Patients brought in by Ambulance were screened by EMS before arrival.
If they talk me into showing up, I will be in protective gear. And just stay a very little time. At my age, I dont care that they will call me CHICKEN.
AT MY AGE I WILL FLAP MY CHICKEN WINGS AND FLY THE COUPE 🐓🦃🐓🦃🤣
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

It's a shame you can't go but probably very wise. More people should take your example. A little disappointment or actually a BIG disappointment is not worth risking your life over.

Stay well my friend.
3 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Just a note about why we are in such a panic, after all the flu kills thousands every year.
Many people have heart disease which kills thousands yearly. So people should ignore if they have kidney disease, or type 2 diabetes, etc. because after all heart disease kills so many more.
The fact remains that flu comes around yearly. Some people who get flu shots avoid it or it hits milder. There are meds that can help with the severity of the flu, but the flu comes around no matter what is done.
This virus has alot of unknowns,not sure how its easily transmitted, except it can kill quickly if it reaches the lungs, even the healthiest, young people. We have no vaccines, we have no immunity built up against this snake. So being calm about this virus who in the first couple months has infected hundreds of thousands, killed so many, is irresponsible.
Just because the flu kills so many, we dont panic, because we learned the flu will return yearly no matter how much we panic. There are at least flu shots, etc. with this virus, besides isolation and not touching possible infected surfaces, and using disinfectants, we are helpless. This virus is in its infancy. Can get alot worse, even kill more then the flu. We dont have to panic, we just have to take every step possible to prevent its spread. NOT IGNORE IT
GOD- ITS TIME YOU SLAUGHTERED THIS EVIL SNAKE🙏🏻
I've decided that we will just sit this out in our little village. There's no need to leave and about 100 of us are here right now anyways. Most don't leave as is. I'll still have my travel size Lysol on hand and spray away. Weird how the Lysol has corona virus listed on the spray can. Has it been around before?
2 x