Virus is spreading

Vicky
Answers: 1

Virus is spreading

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

4 of my grandkids, and father flew on British airlines last week. They just got a email from British Airways that a few of the stewardess on that plane tested positive for the corona virus. What a nightmare. Testing might be too early. I was looking forward to the family get together next week. Even if they are tested, might be too early to be tested. Onset can be 21 days after exposure. Of course what matters is they dont have it. Since returning, some went back to school, etc. might have exposed a huge amt of people.
What a nightmare 😣
by Vicky » 4 years ago
I just keep disinfectant in the mud room by my door. I wipe down packages and mail.
I just packed up 5 bags holding alot of shoplc jewelry in gift boxes. I bought a 3ct diamond bangle for my daughter. After coupon it was $286. So upset. It was $70 less last night. Dont want to risk waiting in long lines to return and reorder. I also bought her a sort of matching 3ct diamond bar necklace. Again it was about $30 less. My kids spend alot on my gifts, so I reciprocate. Im just worried. We dont have the same taste. Will she like it ?? Anyway I am so worried about the kids and grandkids being exposed to the virus, that jewelry somehow is least important.
I dont plan to attend the family gathering tomorrow. I am sending them the gifts and we all agreed to make another family affair after THE SNAKE IS IN H E L L🔥
I put spaces between the H word. They deleted it last time.
All this is minor stuff. We are all facing a LIVING NIGHTMARE.
JUST HOPE ALL THE TRIBE AND LOVED ONES ARE OK🙏🏻🥰❤️
Go to full post
7 x

Gypsy

Re: Virus is spreading

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
4 of my grandkids, and father flew on British airlines last week. They just got a email from British Airways that a few of the stewardess on that plane tested positive for the corona virus. What a nightmare. Testing might be too early. I was looking forward to the family get together next week. Even if they are tested, might be too early to be tested. Onset can be 21 days after exposure. Of course what matters is they dont have it. Since returning, some went back to school, etc. might have exposed a huge amt of people.
What a nightmare 😣
Vicky
Oh wow ☹ I hope that they are all okay . -Gypsy 🙏
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
What a nightmare 😣
Oh Vicky 🥺😔

This is scary and worrisome news. I hope they get tested and the test is negative. Hopes and prayers for them, you and all who came in contact.
I for one, well hubby too will not fly right now. No way. The air on those aircraft is all circulated throughout the cabin.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Vicky

Distressing news indeed! Not only the re-circulated air and practically sitting on top of the person next to you---but it also had to be the stewardesses who touch almost everything in the cabin. And a 3 week wait must be agonizing for all.

On the positive side, children over the infant stage usually have unimpaired immune systems. If by bad luck they contract it we can also hope for mild case of the flu. Remember this is not a Super Bug, just a Super Contagious Bug. Keep your chin up!
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
What a nightmare 😣
@Vicky
Prayers for you & your loved ones💞
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I am so sorry Vicky that this has happened to your family, I will keep them in my prayers and hope none of them get it.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Well on close questioning, my Grandson said they didnt specify that the stewardess were on the plane he flew on. Just that they were positive for the virus. Chances are they had flown on that plane, but not as bad as if they were definitely on that plane.
Anyway, I received all kind of pleading phone calls, to show up for the family party. I know they love me. They proved it many times. But, the kids know there is usually alot of jewelry waiting for them. So I know they are waiting to get it😆Before management changed, which is a disaster in the making, I bought more jewelry for them from shoplc. I still managed to buy beautiful Diamond jewelry for my daughters and daughter in law. 99% of the stuff I buy is for my family. I dont worry about putting it away for old age. These kids are GODS GIFTS. I know I am very lucky. When I was critical, then bedridden, then wheelchair, they were there for me 1000%.
Even now when 2 have very busy medical careers, and others computer programming etc. they make time for MOMMY.
They are trying to talk me into a cardiac Ablation surgery, my DR thinks I need. I think not. Too risky. God worked hard to get me well enough to go back to work and save more patients lives. I dont want to risk going under Anesthesia again.
Hoping all our team and the moms and sisters and Hubbies, daughters friends and loved ones are doing better today👍🙏🏻❤️
6 x

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 4 years ago

My prayers to those yo have had family members exposed to the virus.
I pray with my heart they will all be fine.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

21 people on that cruise ship in CA (here) have tested positive. Two people here in my town were tested yesterday.

Results are pending.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

2 in Eastern PA, possible.
plus two guys returned from
cruise to the Northside of Pittsburgh
are currently quarantined.

ha, just re-read this post - I don't
know where the guys cruise was to
(certainly not to Pittsburgh, ha) but
they returned to their home on the
Northside of Pittsburgh.
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x