Poudretteite anyone?

Kittycat

Re: Poudretteite anyone?

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I bought the Emeraldine quartz too when they had it on because I love green stones. I too thought it looked like glass or a created Stone. Thank goodness I only bought a couple pieces. I kept it. This Stone looks a lot like a salmon quartz I bought from another channel. It is pretty but I didn't purchase any today. Maybe when I get a job and I see one on line with a coupon I may buy it. Most of the stones were too large to be believable.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I bought the Emeraldine quartz too when they had it on because I love green stones. I too thought it looked like glass or a created Stone. Thank goodness I only bought a couple pieces. I kept it. This Stone looks a lot like a salmon quartz I bought from another channel. It is pretty but I didn't purchase any today. Maybe when I get a job and I see one on line with a coupon I may buy it. Most of the stones were too large to be believable.
Too large. That’s what was bothering me. Just because in this stone large is inexpensive doesn’t mean we all want them HUGE!

I reconsidered and cancelled mine. Just too large. If they make them a bit smaller I would.

Remember the quartz rings in all colors they used to have on Fridays? Those sizes in stones would be better imho.
4 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

A big 🤗 hug and a thank you to all the ladies who posted their opinions on triplets. I knew if I came to the experts here, I would get some truthful advice. Thanks to all.
💋 💋 💋’s all around 🌸 🌺 💐
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
A big 🤗 hug and a thank you to all the ladies who posted their opinions on triplets. I knew if I came to the experts here, I would get some truthful advice. Thanks to all.
💋 💋 💋’s all around 🌸 🌺 💐
💞🥰💞
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

3484936 was the one I decided on. I love the cut of the stone and the Rhodolite Garnets on the side. Ordered it to wear on my middle fingers.... but will also fit my pointer fingers. I hope it's as pretty as it looks. I like my Barnabus Collins type rings. ( Remember him from Dark Shadows... my favorite soap in the day. Gosh, I remember running home from school so I could watch that show. ) oh the memories. Loved Barnabus, Angelique and Quentin.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
3484936 was the one I decided on. I love the cut of the stone and the Rhodolite Garnets on the side. Ordered it to wear on my middle fingers.... but will also fit my pointer fingers. I hope it's as pretty as it looks. I like my Barnabus Collins type rings. ( Remember him from Dark Shadows... my favorite soap in the day. Gosh, I remember running home from school so I could watch that show. ) oh the memories. Loved Barnabus, Angelique and Quentin.
@Angelflutter
My your memory is so much better than mine. I remember watching Dark Shadows but not the people!
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Well now I've gone and done it. Checked on the Big River website. Wondered if you could get Dark Shadows on DVD. Yup, you can. Regular price $599.95. Found new set after going to the "used" area. Hubs ordered it for me FOR $240.99 + $3.99 shipping. The darned thing weighs 15.50 pounds. 1200 + episodes. OMG, I am gushing. Who knew. I always wished they'd do it in DVD's. Seriously.... DOIN' THE HAPPY, HAPPY DANCE !!! :P :o :shock: :lol: :D
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I only have a couple of the triplets, what I do not like about them is the clear space on the outside of them, it makes them look very fake. I did like a very large Poudretteite and it sat high which I love but they sold out of my size, I would have got that one because I like pink. I onced asked the host if they could make them without the clear around the outside and they said they did that so people would know they are fake because sojeone reported them for selling a fake stone they thought was real, I am not buying that answer because if that were the case they would do that with mystic topaz ect....
0 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

I think triplet stones look best when they are put in a bezel setting. That way the layers are concealed. Nicky Butler did that with many of his pieces. It would be nice to see SLC use more bezel settings for their triplets especially for the larger stones.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@silleemee I agree I just do not like the clear part showing.
1 x