SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Gypsy

Re: SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry RS. I have my moments as time moves on in this thing. I don't ever mean to bring folks down, but as I am isolated now and live alone, other than talking to neighbor on phone, this forum relieves anxiety to post. I will be here and be strong for anyone I can, but I have to let it all hang out sometimes and be real, in order to then push on through. Our confirmed cases continue to grow, and we have our first confirmed case in the very county I live in now. And u know the video that have shown on tv of spring breakers on the beach? well is state next to ours and bet ya half of em were from my state. Don't they have family that love them, or don't they have older family that they love and care about? It just beats all I've ever seen. And why didn't Florida close the beach to spring break? Apparently they valued a little money over people's lives. I think those drunk doping folks that were on that beach should be quarantined in FL, and if they have the virus, FL keeps em until they are well, and takes up their bed space and infects their elderly. I don't know if I really mean that or not, but I think I DO! LOL Anyways, am keeping the peace. -Rolltide
Rolltide- we are ALL here for each other. So whenever it gets to be too much ......vent away ❣❣ -Gypsy
5 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

I agree with you about closing the beaches from the beginning. What are those people thinking? Just their $ I guess. ☹️☹️☹️
6 x

Gypsy

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Thank u Gypsy, is good to know.
🥰🥰🥰
3 x

Gypsy

Sadly it took officials awhile to close our beaches too and yet the spring breakers then headed to the bars. Now most businesses are closed, at least I think they are, other brother has not called me back
4 x

Gypsy

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sorry but that just disgusts me, I can't help it. I could say some rough choice words, too, but I won't.
I know, I get it and locals were thinking of thier livelihood at first---- for some spring break is 75% of their annual income. The rest coming from Summer tourists. -Gypsy
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I had to get out today to get more supplies and groceries. My doctor actually called all my medications in to the pharmacy so I didn’t have to make a trip to her office. So I had to go to CVS to the drive through & the woman was wearing gloves & talking to me through that little telephone speaker thing. I gave her my debit card and she sends a clipboard back with a pen 🖊 to sign the receipt. I said I’m sorry but I’m not touching the clipboard much less using the pen. I got out my Lysol wipes and signed my name with my own pen. I never use theirs, even at the doctors office. After she gave me my debit card back, I wiped it down with my Lysol wipe. We should do this extra precaution & when having to sign the electronic thing at the grocery stores when I use my card, I use a Lysol wipe and wipe it down before I will even touch it, even though I wore medical blue gloves today. Those people were not staying 6 feet away anywhere I went. I got dog food and these young people were laughing about all the places they’ve been today and said they weren’t worried about getting this virus. That made me mad & I said you might not care now but how would you feel if you learned you brought it home to your family & something happened to them? They looked at me like I sprouted 2 heads and was laughing & looked at me. I said I think you need to get away from me before I lose my patience with you & forget I’m not a violent person. One actually coughed my way before they walked away. I was livid & some just don’t care. Hubby is laying down now and says he doesn’t feel good. I’m thinking OMG, is it the virus or just his cancer? Either way it’s not good 🥺 I saw where some China doctors have come in other countries now to help them control the virus, but that’s horrible because didn’t this start in China? I think something is fishy over there about this virus, just my opinion. Walmart had no kind of paper towels, toilet paper, wipes of any kind and now the market is limiting milk, bread, so many everyday items to a limit of 2. Please be safe & protect yourself anyway you can, they’re some lunatics out there right now unfortunately. The dollar store actually had the paper goods. And the schools have cancelled the proms here and the church has cancelled all group trips and cancelled lots of service.🥺 You’re all in my thoughts and prayers, Ginger 💛💛
6 x

Gypsy

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I had to get out today to get more supplies and groceries. My doctor actually called all my medications in to the pharmacy so I didn’t have to make a trip to her office. So I had to go to CVS to the drive through & the woman was wearing gloves & talking to me through that little telephone speaker thing. I gave her my debit card and she sends a clipboard back with a pen 🖊 to sign the receipt. I said I’m sorry but I’m not touching the clipboard much less using the pen. I got out my Lysol wipes and signed my name with my own pen. I never use theirs, even at the doctors office. After she gave me my debit card back, I wiped it down with my Lysol wipe. We should do this extra precaution & when having to sign the electronic thing at the grocery stores when I use my card, I use a Lysol wipe and wipe it down before I will even touch it, even though I wore medical blue gloves today. Those people were not staying 6 feet away anywhere I went. I got dog food and these young people were laughing about all the places they’ve been today and said they weren’t worried about getting this virus. That made me mad & I said you might not care now but how would you feel if you learned you brought it home to your family & something happened to them? They looked at me like I sprouted 2 heads and was laughing & looked at me. I said I think you need to get away from me before I lose my patience with you & forget I’m not a violent person. One actually coughed my way before they walked away. I was livid & some just don’t care. Hubby is laying down now and says he doesn’t feel good. I’m thinking OMG, is it the virus or just his cancer? Either way it’s not good 🥺 I saw where some China doctors have come in other countries now to help them control the virus, but that’s horrible because didn’t this start in China? I think something is fishy over there about this virus, just my opinion. Walmart had no kind of paper towels, toilet paper, wipes of any kind and now the market is limiting milk, bread, so many everyday items to a limit of 2. Please be safe & protect yourself anyway you can, they’re some lunatics out there right now unfortunately. The dollar store actually had the paper goods. And the schools have cancelled the proms here and the church has cancelled all group trips and cancelled lots of service.🥺 You’re all in my thoughts and prayers, Ginger 💛💛
Ginger --- sounds like you are doing all the right things 💜 Please continue to be careful I'll be thinking about you and sending prayers for your family . 💜💜((( HUGS))) -Gypsy
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Big hugs 🤗 dear Gypsy 💜💃
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Ohhhh! My Ginger 🧸

I am so sorry you had to deal with those spoiled snots!

They're going to find out...the hard way. Not accepting it isn't wise, because facts have a way of hitting one in the face. HARD.

AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, IT'S MOST OFTEN RIGHT WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST!

I am praying for you and your family!

Oh how I wish we all lived in the same town.

I love you, Ginger! 💞🕊🌺🕊💞

And thank you for telling them what you did. They're definitely going to find out. Sooner than they think.

Also, I agree with you about that offer from China.

Makes me want to say: "Oh, no thank you! You've already done QUITE enough!'
🤨
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry RS. I have my moments as time moves on in this thing. I don't ever mean to bring folks down, but as I am isolated now and live alone, other than talking to neighbor on phone, this forum relieves anxiety to post. I will be here and be strong for anyone I can, but I have to let it all hang out sometimes and be real, in order to then push on through. Our confirmed cases continue to grow, and we have our first confirmed case in the very county I live in now. And u know the video that have shown on tv of spring breakers on the beach? well is state next to ours and bet ya half of em were from my state. Don't they have family that love them, or don't they have older family that they love and care about? It just beats all I've ever seen. And why didn't Florida close the beach to spring break? Apparently they valued a little money over people's lives. I think those drunk doping folks that were on that beach should be quarantined in FL, and if they have the virus, FL keeps em until they are well, and takes up their bed space and infects their elderly. I don't know if I really mean that or not, but I think I DO! LOL Anyways, am keeping the peace. -Rolltide
There's nothing wrong about the truth & this certainly isn't the time to sugar coat. People NEED to stop pretending, listen to safety guidelines & heed them! Everyone's life is at stake.

I can't believe people! I know a couple (40s) who are at this moment planning a trip to FL soon (for fun?) Really?...ignorance is not bliss!

I'm expecting to hear of someone in my county to be positive any time. I'm sorry it's so close to you & hope you have enough supplies so you don't have to be out & about.

I LOVE this forum! I want updates from you & everyone on what is going on in your world because I care. Other posts about other things help take my mind off the chaos surrounding us all & I enjoy the escape...if only for a short time.

@Rolltide
Love ((hugs)) & prayers💞
5 x