SOCIAL DISTANCING?

jojoschis

SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by jojoschis » 4 years ago

Why do all of the hosts not practice Social Distancing? Shop LC is the only shopping channel I have seen that does not do it. Do they think they cannot spread the awful virus that is claiming so many lives??? Shame on you Shop LC!!!
6 x

Blossom

Re: SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

And...people among the general population as well aren't practicing social distancing! Just going to the grocery earlier today, some were & some were not!😡
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

The past several days when Karen is hosting with someone they are on a different set. She is clearly practicing. Today she was with Adi.

Yesterday he co-hosted with no distance.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

Boy Howdy the people in general are not practicing social distancing.

Particularly the kids! Big Red came and got me for a drive and to get out of the house since today is her day off. We drove by a park and there were hordes of children playing tag, dog pile, and wrestling!! Can't get much more touchie feelie than that. I mentioned it to Mike The Roomie and he said he got an alert on his phone that the police are going to "close" the parks because of this. These kids were not doing their studies via the internet, that's for sure. Where were their parents? When we got back I went to check in my elderly and disabled neighbor. Her three grandchildren were there and no Dad. They were climbing all over her. I asked her where her son was and she said that he said he "needed a break as the kids were driving him and his (much younger) wife bonkers." Where was he when she needed her car fixed?? Some people just have no sense and no emapthy or compassion I guess.
3 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

Boy Howdy the people in general are not practicing social distancing.

Particularly the kids! Big Red came and got me for a drive and to get out of the house since today is her day off. We drove by a park and there were hordes of children playing tag, dog pile, and wrestling!! Can't get much more touchie feelie than that. I mentioned it to Mike The Roomie and he said he got an alert on his phone that the police are going to "close" the parks because of this. These kids were not doing their studies via the internet, that's for sure. Where were their parents? When we got back I went to check in my elderly and disabled neighbor. Her three grandchildren were there and no Dad. They were climbing all over her. I asked her where her son was and she said that he said he "needed a break as the kids were driving him and his (much younger) wife bonkers." Where was he when she needed her car fixed?? Some people just have no sense and no emapthy or compassion I guess.
Yep, kids are definitely gonna be a source of spreading this devastating virus as well as ignorant parents. I don't get why there isn't more discipline with today's parents. Common sense goes a long way. Glad the parks are going to be closed. Every little bit helps.

Sounds like neighbor's son & wife are only around when they want something. It seems to happen that way sometimes. She probably doesn't think anything about it. You are a good neighbor! I hope you will always have a helping hand if/when needed!

Did you have a fun doggie day? I have 2 little ones, a yorkie-poo (adopted from shelter) & pom-shi tzu (adopted from rescue group). They keep me on my toes!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

You are so right about Pat's son and daughter-in-law. As far as I know neither of them have visited her to see if she needs anything in the last two weeks, maybe longer. When I was fixing her tail light the other day I asked her why her son wasn't doing this and she said they haven't called her lately and they didn't answer the phone when she called them. Well as far as I know the son is working from home and the wife doesn't work so...were they home and just didn't answer because she might need something? That's my guess. Disgusting.

PS Only got my doggies for about 3 hours. I was hoping for an overnight partly so I could say I had two vigorous affectionate males in my bed. (gotta keep um guessing, and I am something of a scamp)LOL
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

You are so right about Pat's son and daughter-in-law. As far as I know neither of them have visited her to see if she needs anything in the last two weeks, maybe longer. When I was fixing her tail light the other day I asked her why her son wasn't doing this and she said they haven't called her lately and they didn't answer the phone when she called them. Well as far as I know the son is working from home and the wife doesn't work so...were they home and just didn't answer because she might need something? That's my guess. Disgusting.
It is disgusting & they should be ashamed (especially him)! One day when they're old & want their kids to visit & help out..maybe those kids will follow their parents actions & not answer their phones! What goes around...
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Karen Hosts separately because she lives with her mom who is in her 90’s. Karen might feel ok, but she can still be a carrier to her mom who is in the high risk age group.
Thats being responsible. The hosts who stand right next to each other are putting their parents or grandparents or any family or friend over the age of 60 in possible harms way.
My son sent me a clip of a family celebrating grandma’s 95th Birthday. She was standing on her porch and a large family was at least 20 feet away !! Waving to her holding balloons. She was all smiles.
Btw- California Residents were just mandated to all stay at home.
They also now believe it was a Bat that carried the Corona virus. This Bat bit another animal, could be a snake or a lizard like animal. The infected animal was then eaten by humans. Causing a very easily transmissible virus to go from human to human.
My child, who is a PA did a Biopsy on a patient’s lesion 3 days ago. The patient called the office today to say she tested positive for the virus. I am soooo worried😧
When I worked in the ER for 35 years, I treated many sick patients with transmissible diseases. I took the usual precautions. I dont ever remember thinking that I am not protected by my equipment.
This virus does not respect ANY BARRIERS. Medical personnel are at high risk. As proven when young, healthy Doctors and nurses died of the virus.
I need to pray to GOD a little longer tonight🙏🏻
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Karen Hosts separately because she lives with her mom who is in her 90’s. Karen might feel ok, but she can still be a carrier to her mom who is in the high risk age group.
Thats being responsible. The hosts who stand right next to each other are putting their parents or grandparents or any family or friend over the age of 60 in possible harms way.
My son sent me a clip of a family celebrating grandma’s 95th Birthday. She was standing on her porch and a large family was at least 20 feet away !! Waving to her holding balloons. She was all smiles.
Btw- California Residents were just mandated to all stay at home.
They also now believe it was a Bat that carried the Corona virus. This Bat bit another animal, could be a snake or a lizard like animal. The infected animal was then eaten by humans. Causing a very easily transmissible virus to go from human to human.
My child, who is a PA did a Biopsy on a patient’s lesion 3 days ago. The patient called the office today to say she tested positive for the virus. I am soooo worried😧
When I worked in the ER for 35 years, I treated many sick patients with transmissible diseases. I took the usual precautions. I dont ever remember thinking that I am not protected by my equipment.
This virus does not respect ANY BARRIERS. Medical personnel are at high risk. As proven when young, healthy Doctors and nurses died of the virus.
I need to pray to GOD a little longer tonight🙏🏻
Vicky...it’s all ages now. A man here in CA, 34 years old, just passed. He was diagnosed 6 days ago. 😢
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh @Vicky ....I hope you child will be okay....🥺

Please keep us posted.💞💞💞
4 x