Stop Already!

NYCGirl

Stop Already!

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

The male host addresses the female host as "Miss Marva" and says it repeatedly. I mean repeatedly. It's very annoying. Someone please tell him to stop.
9 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Stop Already!

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
4 years ago
The male host addresses the female host as "Miss Marva" and says it repeatedly. I mean repeatedly. It's very annoying. Someone please tell him to stop.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have gone ahead and sent this feedback over to the team in charge of managing the hosts. There is any further feedback you would like to provide, please advise us of it. I hope you have a beautiful day!
2 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

NYC girl. Does NYC mean New York city if so the mess in front of a woman’s name is what they do in the southern states it’s called respect and normally a man would be called Mr. Tenner. I’m not trying to be disrespectful but that is what I learned when I moved here to Tennessee several years ago have a great day
12 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

That's Tenner and Shoplc doesn't give a darn what we find annoying. It's all about them.
11 x

NYCGirl

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
NYCGirl wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have gone ahead and sent this feedback over to the team in charge of managing the hosts. There is any further feedback you would like to provide, please advise us of it. I hope you have a beautiful day!
Thank you for responding. The fact that the male host (Tenner) uses "Miss Marva" continually to communicate her name, many times per show, done to excess, sounds unprofessional. Sometimes he says "Miss Marva" many times per minute, and I find myself jumping out of my seat! Because it's repeated so much, it becomes annoying and distracts from the jewelry. The greeting "Miss Marva" could be effective if used sparingly. But overusing the greeting, changes the meaning, and can come off as sarcastic, even if not meant that way. Shop LC's audience is growing, attracting a national audience and the hosts should conduct themselves with that in mind.
8 x

NYCGirl

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
That's Tenner and Shoplc doesn't give a darn what we find annoying. It's all about them.
Thanks for responding Gemsnob. I can no longer listen to a Tenner sound: "AAHHHHHH" said harshly, between sentences, like he's pausing to formulate the next thought, saying "AAHHHHHH" to hold his place. It's the sound you make when your doctor wants to check for a soarthroat. My TV rumbles with that sound, and it's so grating on my nerves, I have to change the channel. Tenner is a lapidary, gem hunter, and gem dealer. He's not a professional TV host. So why do we see him hocking jewelry and lifestyle items under $10? Can't the management use him to present exotic stones, and do stuff, more in his wheelhouse?
8 x

NYCGirl

Harlequin wrote:
4 years ago
NYC girl. Does NYC mean New York city if so the mess in front of a woman’s name is what they do in the southern states it’s called respect and normally a man would be called Mr. Tenner. I’m not trying to be disrespectful but that is what I learned when I moved here to Tennessee several years ago have a great day
Hey Harlequin, I know how you (y'all) do it down South, because I lived in North Carolina (Ashville) for many years, and love the Southern culture. But Tenner, bless his heart, is not from the South, maybe southern Brazil. Does that count? Have a great day!
9 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

NYCGirl: Tenner is Brazilian, so addressing a female host by Miss or Ms. it’s not bad. It’s respect. I can’t address a person older than me by its first name only, unless I have a permission from that person. I used to treat my father-in-law by Mr. (his last name) until he told me to address him by his name only.
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--
Margui is right in that in many cultures in the world if someone is older than you, you don't know them VERY well, or even if they hold a higher social position than you, Mr. Mrs. or Ms. is the proper way to address people. However, being as we are in the good old US of A, if one was trying to not be ethnocentrific one would adjust their speech to the norm of the country you are in. That shows respect too. Then again--habits die hard!
9 x

NYCGirl

Post by NYCGirl » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--
Margui is right in that in many cultures in the world if someone is older than you, you don't know them VERY well, or even if they hold a higher social position than you, Mr. Mrs. or Ms. is the proper way to address people. However, being as we are in the good old US of A, if one was trying to not be ethnocentrific one would adjust their speech to the norm of the country you are in. That shows respect too. Then again--habits die hard!
Thank you so much for responding. In the era of acknowledging the reality of respecting women in the workplace, it seemed old school and condescending for Tenner to address Marva that way, repeatedly. I was truly offended and felt for her. Plus, ha ha, is Marva older than Tenner? Probably not, so he can't be doing it the age reason, lol. Thanks for understanding!
5 x