Stop Already!

tinkertot

Re: Stop Already!

Post by tinkertot » 3 years ago

Leave Tenner alone. He knows what he's talking about. Just a habit of his. I think he's funny. "And Marva". He works well with her.
That's all. Shop LC is family.

Some of the newcomers have accents that are so strong and it drives me crazy. I don't know what they are saying and have to turn the channel.Tenner accent grows on you.

We need a petition for taxes being banned from our Internet Websites. It didn't start this way, and it's more costly to us.
It takes the fun and excitment away from shopping online. :idea:
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

I’ve been watching LC for a long time now. Tenners mannerisms hasn’t grown on me yet. I have to keep my tv muted not just because of him, but because of the mannerisms of most of the hosts. Just saying:(
6 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

I like Tenner’s Portuguese accented English. When the Brazilians speak Spanish with their accent it sounds cute. But that’s me. I always like it. But I don’t like Southern accents too much. Bostonians, New Yorkers, yes and British accents, too. About myself my Spanish accented English is not pretty, I was to reduced it a little bit. Hubby doesn’t want me to do that. He says : “This is who you are.” He is right. I didn’t came to this country as a little girl, but on my late teens. I’m Peruvian.
7 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 3 years ago

If Marva disliked being called Miss Marva, I am pretty sure she would make it known! They have worked together a long time! At the very best, she likes the familiarity. At the worst, she has grown to ignore it. Isn't it actually her business, and no one elses? Except perhaps Management?
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
3 years ago
If Marva disliked being called Miss Marva, I am pretty sure she would make it known! They have worked together a long time! At the very best, she likes the familiarity. At the worst, she has grown to ignore it. Isn't it actually her business, and no one elses? Except perhaps Management?
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Ms. HayHay, Ms. HayHay. Ms. HayHay. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. The network would not exist if it were not for customers to watch and buy SLC's products. Bottomline. The number one marketing tool SLC has is their HOSTS and them marketing SLC's products live on their network. i.e. Tenner. If hosts are so annoying, so incredibly distasteful, offensive to the point customers are not watching and buying, then their #1 marketing strategy, i.e.their hosts, is a huge failure for the network. Someone at SLC is in charge of this marketing tool, i.e. host presentations, and needs to be informed and adjust their hosts by either helping hosts become better hosts and speakers or replace them with more appealing hosts that does a better job. It IS our business Ms. HayHay, and not a "Marva" problem.

The entire goal, 100% goal, is to make profit. That is the goal. SLC is NOT a non-profit company. So it really behooves SLC to "listen" to their customers, the very people that keep the company open and gives them a job which means either train their hosts how to speak to an audience that is engaging or don't be on television at all. Sign hosts up to "Toastmasters" club for example.

A Toastmasters Club is a nonprofit organization designed to help individuals become better communicators through leadership training and public speaking practice. There are groups and chapters all over the United States and even across the globe, so there's bound to be one within your vicinity, no matter where you are.
11 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
I like Tenner’s Portuguese accented English. When the Brazilians speak Spanish with their accent it sounds cute. But that’s me. I always like it. But I don’t like Southern accents too much. Bostonians, New Yorkers, yes and British accents, too. About myself my Spanish accented English is not pretty, I was to reduced it a little bit. Hubby doesn’t want me to do that. He says : “This is who you are.” He is right. I didn’t came to this country as a little girl, but on my late teens. I’m Peruvian.
It does not bother me that Tenner says ahhhhhh or Miss Marva. He
speaks w/the Portuguese accent and maybe knows another one or
two diff languages and is searching for the word to describe to us.
Somebody please tell meeeee what the heck is ahhhhhhhh...
uuuhhhhhhh, duhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh Cheryl's ahhhhhhhh,
ahhhhhhhhh excuse????
9 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Touché,osott. WOW
8 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
--
Margui is right in that in many cultures in the world if someone is older than you, you don't know them VERY well, or even if they hold a higher social position than you, Mr. Mrs. or Ms. is the proper way to address people. However, being as we are in the good old US of A, if one was trying to not be ethnocentrific one would adjust their speech to the norm of the country you are in. That shows respect too. Then again--habits die hard!
Yes!!!! I took many many yrs for my daughter Mexican friends to stop calling me Ms Sue but It is a sign of respect that they are taught from a young age!! And not only Mexicans! My dad was in the ARMY try yes Sir & Yes Mam a bit especially when you are just learning to speak! It’s like calling somebody still to this day your Aunt or Uncle in front it their name..... sorry had to put my 2 cents in....
7 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@Harlequin I think @NYCGirl means the repetition of saying "Miss Marva" over and over again, not the fact that the other host is using "Miss" in front of her name.
10 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 3 years ago

What I find more annoying is that Tenner--who I like as a host otherwise--has a habit of constantly interrupting the female hosts he is presenting with. Someone ought to tell him to let them speak, too. Interrupting someone in conversation is rude, not professional, and definitely not a mark of respect, no matter what he calls them while he's interrupting them. :)
6 x