False Information

NYCGirl

False Information

Post by NYCGirl » 3 years ago

On Sunday night Memorial Weekend, at around 10:30PM Eastern Time, Katie and Cheryl hosted a closeout ring (3587033) that was announced as 10K gold on live television. It's not 10K gold; it is silver with 10K overlay in a portion of ring. Katie stated over and over that, wow, it's gold for under $50! To disseminate wrong information on national TV makes it impossible for us to trust their advice or information in the future. Shop LC can't build a reputation with that kind of misinformation. I'm really disappointed because I like these hosts personally. I sent an email during the presentation to let them know in case it was an honest mistake, or they had wrong info, but they didn't address the error at any point in the show. The producer is also responsible.
9 x

Gypsy

Re: False Information

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
3 years ago
On Sunday night Memorial Weekend, at around 10:30PM Eastern Time, Katie and Cheryl hosted a closeout ring (3587033) that was announced as 10K gold on live television. It's not 10K gold; it is silver with 10K overlay in a portion of ring. Katie stated over and over that, wow, it's gold for under $50! To disseminate wrong information on national TV makes it impossible for us to trust their advice or information in the future. Shop LC can't build a reputation with that kind of misinformation. I'm really disappointed because I like these hosts personally. I sent an email during the presentation to let them know in case it was an honest mistake, or they had wrong info, but they didn't address the error at any point in the show. The producer is also responsible.
@NYCGirl

I didnt see the presentation, but I tried to check the item. But "no results found" for item # 3587033. So it must've sold out.
8 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
3 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, I have forwarded to our Shows/Programming team to investigate this and address it. If you have any further feedback to share, please don't hesitate to share it with us. We hope you have a beautiful day!

Best regards,
Preston W.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

If I purchased a ring and was told it was gold and when it arrived it was not I would be insisting they replace it with a real gold ring for the same price!
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

If nothing else you should get a full refund, to include shipping and handling, in a situation such as this.
6 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

There are many ways to play with the words and conceal the true information.Like natural which means the stone is natural but can also be heavily treated.Like the Burmese ruby that is glass filled and only 0.01% natural.If only a small percentage is natural, and the rest is glass, they still call it natural.
11 x

GEMLOVER60

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
If I purchased a ring and was told it was gold and when it arrived it was not I would be insisting they replace it with a real gold ring for the same price!
That's one thing I would do. The next thing would be contact The FTC...there are rules and guidelines they must adhere to!!! I saw some of it, I was busy not paying much attention, but I did hear 14kt gold ring for under $50.00..hmm will they not post this one????
2 x

Moderator_Preston

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
3 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
That's one thing I would do. The next thing would be contact The FTC...there are rules and guidelines they must adhere to!!! I saw some of it, I was busy not paying much attention, but I did hear 14kt gold ring for under $50.00..hmm will they not post this one????
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. Please email me directly at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with your order details so I can see what I can do.
2 x

NYCGirl

Post by NYCGirl » 3 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
3 years ago
I checked the item number again. The ring is still available. The number is now 2452287. STS Closeout.
2 x

Moderator_Preston

NYCGirl wrote:
3 years ago
NYCGirl wrote:
3 years ago
I checked the item number again. The ring is still available. The number is now 2452287. STS Closeout.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I have gone ahead and added this to the feedback as well. I hope you have a beautiful day!
2 x