Re: Yelling on TV

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

NanaInBama wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Cheryl made the comment a few days ago about hearing people were calling in, texting in said she wasn’t going to change. Ankur toned it down, Cheryl should be able to also. As I said she’s very knowledgeable, she’s just way too loud. She can also be a little snotty sometimes that’s why I definitely change the channel, and I do not buy anything when she gets like that. PERIOD!!!!🥴
@Harlequin , she actually said that she knew people were complaining, but doesn't care, won't change? Hmmm!!!

I heard her say it. She said “you guys can write in or call in saying that I’m yelling and too loud, but I’m not going to stop doing it”. I found that disrespectful to us. I rarely comment on here but I must say that even though I’ve only been a customer since May 2020, I find her very disruptive and she interrupts the other hosts as they are giving details on the product. I’ll be looking at an item on the screen because I’m wanting to possibly purchase it, and she makes the camera leave the product and focus on her by saying “can I com and talk to everyone because this is serious”. It aggravates me so much. We can hear her and look at the product at the same thing. I have now begun to mute my tv when she’s on. Especially in the morning. It’s just too early sometimes to hear her yelling and making the camera constantly focus on her rather than the items I’m considering spending money on. I rarely buy anything when she’s on anymore because I just can’t take the guilt-trip-tactics and yelling that she uses. It’s too much and I just have to turn the channel... just my perspective as a newbie. When she said “keep complaining all you want but I’m NOT going to stop my yelling” I was completely turned off.

Moderators, would you kindly forward this very articulate message by @NanaInBama to everyone that might have the power/authority to get loud Cheryl to stop being incredibly rude and yelling at us? Please inform them that perhaps sales would increase if Cheryl would tone it down. Also, while you are forwarding please ask the directors to keep the camera on the items being presented and NOT on the hosts... it's just so easy to fine-tune presentations to make your customers happy.

@Wiley - you don't know what "quotas" are being made unless you are an insider....are you an insider? Maybe ShopLC should "try" making Cheryl tone it down - just to experiment if sales DO increase because more people don't tune out. Wiley, Show-man-ship? That is not Cheryl. Yelling at the camera and making it sound so urgent to purchase NOW is so used car salesman technique. It's 2020! Customers are better informed of such ridiculous techniques....In 2020 yelling and pressure sales is insulting......and so 80's.

@Honey - "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore" ~ Yogi Berra

For the record, when Cheryl is on...... I'm gone.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
11 x

Parker25

Post by Parker25 » 3 years ago

I couldn't agree more! All the screaming and yelling just jangles my nerves and I have to change the channel. Cheryl said once that someone complained about her. Her answer was "I'm loud and I'm proud." I don't think being loud is anything to be proud of. It just annoys people. Why would someone want to annoy people on purpose? When I see that she's one of the hosts, I just don't watch. I hope they get the message.
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Parker25 wrote:
3 years ago
I couldn't agree more! All the screaming and yelling just jangles my nerves and I have to change the channel. Cheryl said once that someone complained about her. Her answer was "I'm loud and I'm proud." I don't think being loud is anything to be proud of. It just annoys people. Why would someone want to annoy people on purpose? When I see that she's one of the hosts, I just don't watch. I hope they get the message.
So far they haven't , don't know what more can be done. Maybe emails to Amit?
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I think it's very interesting that people complain about SLC hosts on another networks forum!! How many customers could they have if they tamed and trained their hosts?!
9 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
I think it's very interesting that people complain about SLC hosts on another networks forum!! How many customers could they have if they tamed and trained their hosts?!
Yes, I've noticed that too! Quite enlightening and very funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Jace wrote:
3 years ago
To: Gemsnob...you are right...
They're not selling used cars,
But the concept is the same.
Have you never been in a situation where you were thinking of buying,
And were told..hurry, there's only a few left or maybe you're getting the last one?

And, no, I don't know how much she sells or her quota.
That was only a generalization to what all sales people refer.

And, to Harlequin..I do not work for ShLC...
but have been in and around the business world
In many areas and positions.
Jace, I would never respond to high pressure sales tactics, not online or in a brick and mortar store. Can you imagine grocery shopping with an employee following you through the store acting like Cheryl? You ask her to stop telling and she says "I'm never going change!" No way in heck I would shop there!!
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

I think Cheryl sells a lot of everything like she said she is loud and proud. I don't care how loud she is if I want it In going to buy it! Hi Ladies have a great day.🍀👜
2 x