Michele

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Michele

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Vicky wrote:
3 years ago
Hi everybody,
One night last week Michele was Hosting alone. She was excellent. I feel She tries to hard to please her co- host.
She has several medical issues, so I feel for her. She is deaf. Wears a hearing aide. Her accent for some reason can be misinterpreted as her being inebriated. She admits she had a drinking problem. Stopped drinking 15 years ago. You have to admire her honesty about her past issues.
There are other hosts who are more aggravating with shouting, etc.
I feel in time, Michele will feel more relaxed. She was a excellent host on GSN.

Stay safe❤️
I didn't say I didn't "like" Michele. At the beginning I was enthralled with her - but now her constant "performance" is getting long and old. I do agree she is knowledgeable and when she does "focus" she does a good job and I ENJOY. I think Michele has HEART and is passionate about giving good deals. My trouble is she doesn't know when to stop her "story/joke" and get back to focusing on the item she is selling.

For example, Michele sang the old television show "Green Acres" in it's ENTIRETY and Chuck tried a couple times to stop and get back to the jewelry at hand. Michele Would Not Stop singing the song until it was completed. It was totally unnecessary - but she carried on until she sang every word. I could tell Chuck was not amused either nor was I.

So, I "like" Michele and I want her to stay and just improve. Remember, Blake was very stiff as a board when he started and wouldn't move his head and looked straight at the camera like his life depended on it. Now he is polished and very good at hosting. Everyone needs tweaking but Michele needs to know when to stop and move on from her jokes.

I will take Michele (Shelly, Cousin Shelly) any day of the week over Screaming Cheryl. I will NOT be yelled at like a maniac (my life doesn't need a loud shrill voice and pressure sales from Cheryl) as I have enough pressure than to be spoken to by a loud and proud hosts. I won't watch Cheryl. I WILL watch Michele and I hope she gets better.

While I"m writing this all out - I want to say how I'm displeased with Stacey. Stacey acts like she is personally "pained" to go down in price. She truly acts like it's coming straight from her own pocket. I don't like that. I want hosts to be excited about the prices FOR US and maybe even act like they are trying to get us the bottom price. Stacey acts as if she wants the price to stay higher - and she says condescending statements like, "if you don't buy, I don't know why you wouldn't" "You are crazy if you don't buy this," " etc.

An example of Stacey acting "pained" to give us a lower price was last week. She was on with Becky and Stacey "couldn't say" the new lower price! She said she just couldn't. Stacey was bummed at the new price!!! Stacey was like, "wow, I can't.... this is too low. This is just too low and it pains me to say it. I can't say it. It hurts to say this price.....Becky will you say the price because I just can't." So Becky said the new lower price. <<<< I was offended that a HOST was really upset to give customers a better price????? What's up with that? I want the hosts to be HAPPY for the lower price! Proud of the good deals! Happy customers get to buy and afford pieces. Why does Stacey get so upset about lowering the price she can't even say it????? <<< WHAT? I don't want to buy from her.

So, I would rather see Michele over Stacey any time too.

That's my opinion as a customer of SLC and I hope the moderators post this post. I hope someone at SLC will read it and make changes. Best of luck to Michele and I hope she keeps getting better....like Blake.
8 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

I don’t listen to any of the hosts. My tv is always muted when I watch. A lot of times I change the channel because even muted the hosts exaggerated motions drive me nuts. Hosts on other channels for the most part don’t do any of this stuff. Besides that it doesn’t seem like LC has a lot of jewelry to sell anymore. I’m tired of “lifestyle “ merchandise. Even the masks 🤬 are sold more as a fashion than functional. Just saying. Be glad when “clearance “ is over.
7 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I wish Stacey would host all the shows she’s in by HERSELF. She also interrupts co-hosts, and is always trying to take the whole show over, not only does she give prices she wants to try on jewelry. 🥴. Actually she could do a wile show her self. She’s good only when she is by herself 😊
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Vicky wrote:
3 years ago
Hi everybody,
One night last week Michele was Hosting alone. She was excellent. I feel She tries to hard to please her co- host.
She has several medical issues, so I feel for her. She is deaf. Wears a hearing aide. Her accent for some reason can be misinterpreted as her being inebriated. She admits she had a drinking problem. Stopped drinking 15 years ago. You have to admire her honesty about her past issues.
There are other hosts who are more aggravating with shouting, etc.
I feel in time, Michele will feel more relaxed. She was a excellent host on GSN.

Stay safe❤️
I don't know Michele . Personally, she may be a blast. I base my opinions on the ability to host. Be professional, stop with long winded stories, don't yell or interrupt. Show jewelry close up with measurements. It seems like SLC actually wants weird behavior. Michele acts like someone with a microscopic attention span. She intentionally talks that way because I've heard her "normal" voice. If she wants to be a comedian, she should go do that but inappropriate jokes, remarks, stories don't belong when they have a job to do. I'm not making excuses for her health issues because that's not the problem. It's actions and behaviors and her health issues don't excuse them.
7 x