Rhapsody Burmese Ruby

Gem Lover

Rhapsody Burmese Ruby

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased a AAAA Rhapsody Burmese Ruby like they are airing right now and if so was it clear/transparent? The one I am seeing being aired and others they have shown that are high end look opaque so I do not get why they call them AAAA? I watched videos of a few of them and none of them look transparent. My daughter has one that she got at a jewelers and hers is transparent it does not look like these.
7 x

anniebelle

Re: Rhapsody Burmese Ruby

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased a AAAA Rhapsody Burmese Ruby like they are airing right now and if so was it clear/transparent? The one I am seeing being aired and others they have shown that are high end look opaque so I do not get why they call them AAAA? I watched videos of a few of them and none of them look transparent. My daughter has one that she got at a jewelers and hers is transparent it does not look like these.
Just a thought. Is hers Burmese?
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle Yes my daughters is Burmese.
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I also saw this presentation, I E- mailed 4 times during the presentation about if it was F. F. , finally got an answer after the presentation, Lynette she said not F. F. What ever!!! Should be transparent.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

I have yet to see even a translucent, much less a transparent ruby from shopl. Not even their Iliana or Rhapsody ones. Just because its Burma doesnt guarantee that its not FF. Reading up on Burma rubies, there are many grades including ones treated by FF to enhance them.
If you buy it to be large and look good, then FF stones is the way to go. Affordable, but these have very little monetary value. For collectible value, its usually at least a 3 ct Transparent solitaire with little to no enhancements.
My beautiful Niassa ruby necklace exploded in my ultrasonic cleaner into many bits of red glass. I should have been warned By shoplc how fragile FF stones are and never be cleaned by my cleaner.
The Grandidierite stones sold at shoplc are also opaque. A year ago they had a gorgeous 3ct transparent Grandidierite. Asked $20,000 for it. Next time I checked, the stone was sold.

Vicky
7 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

I saw a ruby on LC months ago that was retail ( hope you’re sitting) $128,000.00! It was going for around $18-20,000 if my memory is working! It was transparent. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen!! Anywhere. I about fell over it was that gorgeous. I read up on rubies recently; personally I won’t buy them again. Lab created rubies are beautiful but very expensive in the stores. LC rubles you get what you pay for sometimes not. Buyer beware! I have stopped buying here. I’ve moved on.
7 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

Some of these rubies appear to be at least translucent. Plus, they have decent diamonds. I've seen some items state they are I3 or even I4 diamonds (which are really only suitable for drill bits). They are all set in white gold, though. I think SLC has something against yellow gold.
2 x

Harlequin

The only place I have seen translucent B. Rubies, are the ones I’ve googled or maybe, GSN
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
The only place I have seen translucent B. Rubies, are the ones I’ve googled or maybe, GSN
GSN?
3 x

Harlequin

A. An extremely high end jewelry auction show can’t buy from there, but I love to look at them
4 x