Silk Pillow Case

Gem Lover

Silk Pillow Case

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I have sent two messages to the host asking how you clean these with no response. I would think dry clean only because of the silk? If that is the case I would not want them.
2 x

anniebelle

Re: Silk Pillow Case

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

But wouldn't any kind of cleaning remove the infused products?
2 x

Gem Lover

@anniebelle I was thinking the same thing but you have to clean them. I would not want to have them dry cleaned each time, I think silk is dry clean only. I have a silk blouse and that is dry clean only and I got it here so I would assume the pillow cases is the same.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Most silk is washable by hand. The trick is to pretreat any spots or stains, then use a small amount of Woolite in a sink of lukewarm water and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Swish around with your hand for a minute or two and then rinse in cold water. Don't wring as you may pull the fabric out of shape. DO NOT dry in the dryer. Dry either by hanging or laying flat on a towel. If it is wrinkled, you can hover your iron, on steam, inches above the item. DO NOT touch the iron to the silk.

Some people say you can wash in the washing machine if you turn inside out, put in a mesh bag and wash alone on cold with a gentle detergent. Never dry in the dryer though. Depending on how much you paid for the item, and how closely the silk is woven, this can be an option although I personally don't recommend it.
6 x

Anya

Post by Anya » 3 years ago

I have 100% silk pillow cases. I wash on gentle cycle alone and then hang to dry.
7 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Gem lover, Who were the hosts presenting the silk pillowcases?
2 x

Gem Lover

@Harlequin It was Jessica and Craig. It seems like way more work then I want to put in for a pillow case. :lol:
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Gemlover: go figure Craig and Cheryl are notorious for not answering questions. They always have their gums flapping on other things. Instead of helping customers 😡
2 x