Show Hosts

Amy

Re: Show Hosts

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hi Honey: yes I remember Sarah, she was a class act. I miss her. I don’t think I ever read any negative posts about her. Now we have a real menagerie of hosts, none of which are very professional like Sarah was. They are just concerned about being on camera, screaming, treating us like we are in grade school, laughing endlessly for nothing, wanting close ups of earrings so they can look glamorous (their opinion) and just generally are a circus act. Mute button & changing the channel help.
7 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
Now we have a real menagerie of hosts, none of which are very professional like Sarah was. They are just concerned about being on camera, screaming, treating us like we are in grade school, laughing endlessly for nothing, wanting close ups of earrings so they can look glamorous (their opinion) and just generally are a circus act. Mute button & changing the channel help.
I like most of the hosts but to me Tanner and Kim (especially when they host together) are unwatchable.
I'm sure they are very pleasant and nice people but when they are on the air the screaming, the yelling, those facial expressions, "deer in the highlight" looks are just too much..
I wish they just tone it down a little. On the other hand, I'm starting to think that they are told to behave like this by the upper-ups. Like Christian (?), the new guy. He was ok for the first few shows and suddenly he started screaming like the rest of them.
Very strange marketing and selling techniques.. Do they get more sales because of all this screaming? Who knows....
6 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

kaylee3 wrote:
3 years ago
Hi everyone. Is it just me or does it seem like there are certain hosts that have to do ALL the talking and not let the other host join in. The interrupting, talking over each other etc. I have actually changed the channel because it's nerve racking. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm sure their very nice people but enough already
It isn't just you. I was watching the 9:00 am and 2:00pm central presentations today. Just, WOW. Super intelligent guy, but the station could save money on a co-host with him and just use a bobble head doll or a cardboard cutout person. The other person rarely gets to speak, and usually he cuts them off to start talking again.
6 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Roxijade: your post about bobble heads & cutout people is hilarious. I wish I knew when the “new screamer guy” is going to be on. I hope they rotate him daytime and evenings. I only watch the news once a day (too depressing). I have ShopLC on most of the day unless it’s someone I cannot tolerate, then I change the channel to anything. BBC has beautiful nature shows all day Saturday. During commercials I flip to LC, hope I catch him soon. How could anyone be worse than The Original Screamer Ch**y ???
6 x

Denny98

Post by Denny98 » 3 years ago

Anybody catch Christian this morning (Wednesday)? Wow! He is a bad actor - what's with him cupping his hand over his ear pretending to hear a price drop? Why don't the hosts learn to talk to us viewers as if we were a friend watching at home? Not just a hard sell. I think Becki (sp?) is pretty good - I like it when she kind of takes over and corrects Christian.
5 x