I hate when

Gem Lover

I hate when

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I hate when the host tell everyone they are the only ones to have an item and use that to tell people you better buy now because once people know about it the price will go sky high. They did this last night and I just watch them do it again with the dyed Miami blue opal. First of all it is not worth more it is dyed and second the J network had these a couple of years now and also had bright pink ones they are not exclusive to just shop lc, the J channel just calls theirs blue opal but they are the same neon blue dyed opals. When I see them do this I look at them as being dishonest, do they not stop and think that we know what other networks sell, I sent them a message telling them the J station has had them for a couple of years and an item number so they can look it up but they kept saying only shop lc has them buy now.
14 x

anniebelle

Re: I hate when

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Yes, but theirs is " Miami " blue !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

I’m one of the customers who have complained because my Ethiopian Welo opals have turned into an ugly brownish yellow color. A few years ago I purchased a pretty Welo opal butterfly bypass ring from SLC which I wore only once and received a ton of compliments on before the color changed even though I keep my rings in a protected jewelry box. I should be embarrassed to admit this, but since the opals are supposedly hydrophane recently I soaked my ring overnight in a blue raspberry drink mix hoping it would absorb the color and look like the Miami opals. Needless to say it barely absorbed any color and now looks worse. Oh well. I tried.
8 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

"I hate when" they say you "must" do buy all on 4 or 5 items when those items cost $100 - $200 each because you are getting such great values.I wonder, since they are such great values that you must do buy all, how many of the hosts buy these great value buy alls .Ridiculous.
8 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

If those were AAA opals as Chuck declared, they wouldn't have been dyed. Come on, he knows better. Just like those carved Tahitian pearls - if they were good pearls a knife wouldn't be allowed near them. And, don't get me started on those rose cut diamonds that Blake was so nuts over. Or, the ugly Polki diamonds - if one falls out of the setting, good luck getting a replacement.
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I too give my welo opals a quick dunk in room temperature distilled water. Then I dry them and put them in breathable silk or cotton pouches. They do not seem to like being contained in a closed jewelry box that is crammed with silver which is not rhodium or platinum plated.
5 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Thank you jewelry queen: I’ve only bought the * ring with the large opal in the middle surrounded by smaller opals. I’m going to get it out of the jewelry box right now. 👵🏻👵🏻👵🏻
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Thank you too @JewelryQueen
My welo opal pendant turned very dull.
I will try your method !!

Vicky
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I’m also going to try this method. T. Y. JQ & Rolltide 🙂
3 x

amb

Post by amb » 3 years ago

Wow, I need to come here more often. I just learned so much...going to let my opal outta the box! Thank you
5 x