Falling prices?

Blossom

Falling prices?

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Can someone explain the purpose of the multiple falling prices on live-tv? Sometimes they take fooorever to get to 'final price'...I just don't understand the reason for this format...& I don't think it adds anything positive.
4 x

bluez

Re: Falling prices?

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

Gives them something to talk about (fill space) for 45 minutes.
Bluez
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I have never understood why the so called auctions on live keep you waiting on the price to drop to final price. I have heard some hosts say that the prices start high so you can come into the auction and reserve your ring size or the item color you want. I always thought auctions started low and amounts increased as you bid on the item. I don't like purchasing during the on air presentations because I don't want my credit card locked into a high dollar amount purchase and if I change my mind that amount is still on hold for days after. I often ask why not just get to the final price and be done with it.
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
I have never understood why the so called auctions on live keep you waiting on the price to drop to final price. I have heard some hosts say that the prices start high so you can come into the auction and reserve your ring size or the item color you want. I always thought auctions started low and amounts increased as you bid on the item. I don't like purchasing during the on air presentations because I don't want my credit card locked into a high dollar amount purchase and if I change my mind that amount is still on hold for days after. I often ask why not just get to the final price and be done with it.
There are two types of auctions:

Rising Auctions, which are our Online Auctions in which the prices start low and people bid against each other to win the item.

Falling Auctions, which is what the LiveTV presentation is, in which the prices start high and then drop down to the low selling price.
3 x