Frustrated with camera person!

Gem Lover

Frustrated with camera person!

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I get so frustrated with the camera person I don't know if they have new people or what the problem is, I get so tired of them showing the jewelry in the light box over and over again or whatever item it is that they happen to be selling and not showing the host when she's trying on the jewelry or showing the item, instead they put the camera on the male host who's talking up a storm. I have missed out on items because of this, they sell out before they are shown. I will not buy it unless I get a good look at it on and see the actual size.
16 x

buyitall

Re: Frustrated with camera person!

Post by buyitall » 3 years ago

I was just saying the same thing to my sister! When they show jewelry in the light box there is no perspective. No way to judge size, etc. Also, sometimes in group auctions they sell out of items before the modeling host even gets a chance to show all the items in the auction! It is sooo frustrating! AND WHO is writing the choice descriptions in the drop down box when there is more than one item in the auction? Sometimes they make NO sense at all when you are trying to tell which item is which? I used to teach sixth grade...and my sixth graders could do a better job on the choice descriptions! Who is doing this? They need serious help!
10 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Good morning,

Thank you all so much for your feedback. I have shared this with our live TV team and production team so they can keep the feedback in mind for the camera work in future broadcasts.
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Even though I don’t watch the uncontrollable laughing host with the other host from who knows where, I wanted to ask if anyone notices that mr producer gets a question from the host & nothing happens. I don’t think he knows what to do. Mr producer was asked how many of the items were left & there was no answer. So laughing Katie had to answer for him. Anyone embarrassed here? Anyone getting frustrated with this? What is wrong with mr producer? When I was working, you had better have an answer when asked a question from management. Time to turn the channel. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
7 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 3 years ago

I have to agree. I get especially frustrated that the camera person doesn't zoom in enough when the hosts are wearing earrings. Instead, they keep the camera at a distance. How can you see how earrings look on the ear from across the room, especially smaller earrings? Please, camera people, zoom in more when hosts are trying on earrings. And please have the hosts try on the jewelry more, in general, and have the camera people actually cut to them wearing it! Buyers need to see how a piece of jewelry looks on a person, not just see the beauty shot over and over. Thanks much.
8 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Just want to add my 2 cents: obviously “mr producer” needs more training. I also saw the presentation when Chuck asked at least 3 times how many items left, with no answer. Katie incessantly laughing as usual. It happened again last nite & they just went to the next item. “ Barnum & Bailey.” Also, the presentation page has so many boxes with “messages” they cover up the item for sale. Can we please see the color/style of all the items ??? Also complaint again : the graph on the left of our screens is not in order with what is hanging up, or on the jewelry stands. By the time I call CS or send a host message the item is sold out. Not too along ago, the kaftans were out of order & didn’t match any description. Even the hosts Craig & Jessica couldn’t figure it out; not many sales. They just went to the next item. This is the poorest preparation of any TV channel. But I guess somebody enjoys the calamity. I can hardly take it much longer. PLEASE somebody DO SOMETHING!!!!!
8 x