They did it again.

anniebelle

Re: They did it again.

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Vicky wrote:
3 years ago
I agree @RS
Stuff in my wishlist went way up in the Smackdowns.
It will stay in the wishlist until the price is where is was, plus Coupons work🤬

Btw- 3 people who received the covid vaccine had a severe allergic reaction. Judging from their ages, they were probably first responders. One was allergic to eggs. The other had minor allergies. The 3rd one had no h/o allergies.
Rules me out. Highly allergic to pennicilin.

Now the CDC says that anyone with allergies to IV meds should not get the vaccine.

Stay safe ❤️Vicky

@vicky, no "h/o" allergies? And I'm supposed to be allergic to penicillin, diagnosed as a child.
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Has anyone seen Swarovski crystal jewelry in one of the brand stores? I saw this jewelry at Dulles airport; it was absolutely beautiful and EXPENSIVE. What I see on LC doesn’t come across as beautiful as what I’ve seen in the store. I guess my question to anyone here, does what you buy seem like top quality? I realize LC price is great but price is relative. By the way, I saw those quilts last night. They were, how shall I say this, UGLY! JMO
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Wow....they sure have raised the prices on those fun colored pieces for the “event”.

I guess that makes it easy to not watch again but buy from the site only.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I really cannot understand the excitement for these Swarovski pieces anyway. And aren't they always fighting over Swarovski on the RA?

I have some kitty cat pendants done in Swarovski crystals. Now THOSE are what I call beautiful!!!
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

There is a big difference in price between Swarovski crystals and Swarovski zirconia. The crystals are less expensive and are what they sew by the thousands on those huge Gypsy wedding dresses. The Swarovski zirconia is more difficult to manufacture, contains more expensive materials, is more durable, (8.5 on the Mohs hardness scale) and will last a lifetime. They can also be cut into more facets than the Sawrovski crystals.

Don't get me wrong, their crystals are high quality and pretty for lead glass. The crystals are a 6 -7 on the Mohs. And yes, most of the stuff involving the cat fighting on the RA are crystal jewelry that is worth about $10-$15 per piece in the real world.
4 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Did everyone here about Bill Gates had one in the UK 100 people were paid 100.000 to take it signed release all died within 7 days not sure if fake news but no way will I take it!😞🍀
3 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Thank you JQ! I didn’t know the difference I didn’t think to “google “ it. The product LC sells doesn’t seem to sparkle as much as what I saw in the store. Of course tv and video isn’t the same as in person. I just don’t want to spend money on it, not like it, and then be stuck with it because of shipping expense!
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago

There is a big difference in price between Swarovski crystals and Swarovski zirconia. The crystals are less expensive and are what they sew by the thousands on those huge Gypsy wedding dresses. The Swarovski zirconia is more difficult to manufacture, contains more expensive materials, is more durable, (8.5 on the Mohs hardness scale) and will last a lifetime. They can also be cut into more facets than the Sawrovski crystals.

Don't get me wrong, their crystals are high quality and pretty for lead glass. The crystals are a 6 -7 on the Mohs. And yes, most of the stuff involving the cat fighting on the RA are crystal jewelry that is worth about $10-$15 per piece in the real world.
It's my understanding that what separates the Swarovzki crystals from other crystals is that Swarvoski starts with quartz which is harder than glass. Their zirconia is, yes, a different animal from the crystals.
2 x

JewelryQueen

@Lulu

You are correct in that the Swarovski crystal formulation contains quartz. They take quartz, sand, lead and some trace minerals and heat to an extreme temperature to make what is known as leaded glass. The exact recipe is a closely guarded secret.
4 x

JewelryQueen

@anniebelle

I don't think Vicky saw your h/o question. H/o means history of.
2 x