Misleading people

Gem Lover

Misleading people

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I just wrote in to Anaka after she said people pay thousands for jade and said she was misleading people because D grade did not sell for that, she responded on live TV but left out the D grade part and said jade did sell for thousands and hundreds, why not just admit that D grade is not the same Quality unless you are deliberately trying to mislead people. I love how she left out the D grade part and told me to look up the price, I again responded and told her I did and I know how jade is graded and the pricing, she did not respond after that.
12 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Misleading people

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

The hosts usually dont respond. I asked why a diamond ring had an appraisal of i1 clarity on their website, yet the same ring had a si3 clarity rating on air.
First of all- no reputable appraiser uses a grade of si3
Its vvs1 or vvs2 for very very slight inclusions
Its vs1 or vs2 for very slight inclusions
Its si1 or si2 for slight inclusions - reputable appraisers dont use a clarity grade of si3.
Only in the i clarity grade, is it i1 or i2 or i3 inclusions which can be seen with the naked eye.
Most diamonds except for Rhapsody or Iliana, at shoplc are i2-i3.
Depending how small the diamond is, and how its set, even i3 can look nice.
I bought many high quality diamonds at shoplc for my adult kids, and lower clarity diamonds for the young grandkids.
The prices here used to be great, especially with a coupon.
Now I find the J and GS. Have lower prices.

Stay safe😍 Vicky
10 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Gemlover:...Anika , said you’re name I believe.
4 x

Geologistsmom

Post by Geologistsmom » 3 years ago

Poor Anicia, perhaps she should do a better job of prepping for shows. Bless her hear
1 x

Geologistsmom

Poor Anicia, perhaps she should do a better job of prepping for shows. Bless her hear
0 x

Geologistsmom

Poor Anicia, perhaps she should do a better job of prepping for shows. Bless her heart
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
I just wrote in to Anaka after she said people pay thousands for jade and said she was misleading people because D grade did not sell for that, she responded on live TV but left out the D grade part and said jade did sell for thousands and hundreds, why not just admit that D grade is not the same Quality unless you are deliberately trying to mislead people. I love how she left out the D grade part and told me to look up the price, I again responded and told her I did and I know how jade is graded and the pricing, she did not respond after that.
She's somewhat right. My parents own very very expensive jade.
From the Ming and Hunan dynasties.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Hollie Yes Hollie real jade is very expensive that is true but the D quality they sell here, the dyed and resin filled jade is not worth much at all I researched it. The very light green natural they sell here is better quality and worth more then the dyed but the host always mislead buyers buy telling them how expensive it is and they show comps of real untreated jade to make it look like your getting a great deal, that is why I wrote in to say that was not an apples to apples comp because the expensive comp. was not treated so of course the price is much higher. I fell for their trick when they first started selling jade and thought I was scoring big until I went and watched video's on real untreated jade verses dyed resin filled jade and learned the difference in the types of jade and the treatments used. It is like comparing a FF ruby/glass filled to a just heated ruby, they are totally different in quality and price.
13 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Hollie Yes Hollie real jade is very expensive that is true but the D quality they sell here, the dyed and resin filled jade is not worth much at all I researched it. The very light green natural they sell here is better quality and worth more then the dyed but the host always mislead buyers buy telling them how expensive it is and they show comps of real untreated jade to make it look like your getting a great deal, that is why I wrote in to say that was not an apples to apples comp because the expensive comp. was not treated so of course the price is much higher. I fell for their trick when they first started selling jade and thought I was scoring big until I went and watched video's on real untreated jade verses dyed resin filled jade and learned the difference in the types of jade and the treatments used. It is like comparing a FF ruby/glass filled to a just heated ruby, they are totally different in quality and price.
You are exactly right, Gem Lover. I, too, fell for their sales pitch when they first began to carry jadeite. After educating myself about the different grades, I realized that what I had purchased was not at all the level of quality that had been strongly implied by the hosts. Of course it was too late to return it by then. It is what it is, but they should just be upfront and fully disclose the grade they sell. I like Anika, and I believe she is doing what the executives are instructing her do. But still, it isn't the right thing to do. And every other host does exactly the same.
9 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

They are misleading in a lot of the jewelry gemstones they sale. Most are very knowledgeable about the gems they are selling, however they do exaggerate the quality of the gems they are selling for the most part. They sit and tell you how difficult the cut is to make and it is one of kind and then they will be selling 100 identical items. Their high end lines of jewelry are nice and quality pieces but a lot of the others are basically costume jewelry.
10 x