Why?

Lulu

Re: Why?

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Be aware that many colors of petalite are coated or CVD Chemical vapor deposition like topaz and quartz. There are colors of petalite but most often they are colored to make them more appealing. There's nothing wrong with it. I really like the blue. Just know what you are buying. 💗
I have only seen the natural colorless. Would love, love, love to get a natural pink petalite. Some of the natural yellows tend to an orange hue - whoa, mama!

For any of the cvd colors, I would just as soon buy the quartz doublets (which they insist on calling triplets as the glue is considered a layer, haha) because the color essentially becomes part of the stone and can't be damaged.
4 x

Gemsnob

Re: Why?

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Lulu wrote:
3 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Be aware that many colors of petalite are coated or CVD Chemical vapor deposition like topaz and quartz. There are colors of petalite but most often they are colored to make them more appealing. There's nothing wrong with it. I really like the blue. Just know what you are buying. 💗
I have only seen the natural colorless. Would love, love, love to get a natural pink petalite. Some of the natural yellows tend to an orange hue - whoa, mama!

For any of the cvd colors, I would just as soon buy the quartz doublets (which they insist on calling triplets as the glue is considered a layer, haha) because the color essentially becomes part of the stone and can't be damaged.
I agree. You have to be careful with cvd since it's only a "coating".
4 x