King Tony

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: King Tony

Post by Vicky » 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
Trying to get my mind off of things. Turn on shoplc and its Tony and Jessica. Now he does what Tenner does. Claim he made a mistake in the price !! Not him too 👎
He claims that Rhapsody is from his company.
These “ STORIES” are a total turnoff to me. Shoplc always stated it was their own Elite pieces.
Anyway, it turns me off!! Offers no diversion.
Our beloved Shoplc is NOMORE !!☠️

Hugs !!
Vicky
13 x

Rere

Post by Rere » 2 years ago

Can’t stand him!! So arrogant! Runs the show! Runs the cohost, producer, director!! He is awful. Interupts everyone!
10 x

marine

Post by marine » 2 years ago

Sorry, :)
But I like Tony, I have learned so much from him about jewels, stones,, mines, cutting, and Incidentally Tony is a stone cutter and buyer by trade...not a " Host" per say. The host for the evening is the person he is talking with. He makes no pretense of being a host. His heart is in the taking a ball, if you will excuse a bad comparison, of matrix out of the earth and creating something beautiful and rare and to bring life to it. Yes, he getss frustrated when he sees we, "EspeciallyAmericans" who worship the dollar and see beauty in nothing.... only a cheap possession.

Unfortunately in the last 5 years, we have lost the families that were the "keeping up with the Jones'" disappear, the country club set has about hung it up... we are antsy about our jobs so we want the best at a bargain and the fact the owner must make a profit is nothing to us. Hay !! were Americans.. If you do not like him Why do you watch him? and you obviously do or you could not be complaining. If you will shut up and listen to him you will understand a lot more about what you are seeing. The only thing wrong with Tony is he was born 40 years too late. and He is beaming to the wrong country. His people are in European countries. They have the money and the Appreciation for the beauty of the things he sees in his minds eye. Tony is also heavily invested in this company so he wants to see it work. I would love to sit and talk with him, he is enchanting.

If you have a rebuttal for me..go ahead, Im a Texan who's been here 88 years,, Ive seen it all. Have a great day.
5 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

A big mistake is relying on the network or host to give you all info. They are profiting from sales therefore will only tell you what leads to a sale. Tony IS a host. He is a host at the sister network too. You cannot call him a "guest expert" when he's not a guest. He's there as much or more than other hosts. He is perceived the same way in the UK. I don't watch slc. I browse their website or App. You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. Hopefully in your 88 years, you have learned to balance what hosts tell you with your own research. I know of another host here, a female, that routinely gives out info that is incorrect or downright false and she's a gia grad. Not saying it's intentional. Not saying it's not. Best of luck and welcome to the forum. 💎💍
10 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

Saying Americans worship the dollar is a generalized statement that shouldn't be made. Speak for yourself or don't assume you know how Tony feels. Quite frankly, I think the reason slc has changed is they have no respect for Americans and only want their money. This applies to TJC too. They have made zero effort to fix what's broken...CS, QC, shipping times, refund times, bad behavior of hosts. Seems they work on the opposite. We complain and they take it as a challenge to be even more obnoxious, rude, immature, unprofessional, and narcissistic. Tony comes across like he hates people , especially those that shop here. Go figure. Shoplc used to cater to those that wanted a bargain. That was their thing. Then someone thought going high end and trying to compete with the Q, the H and Shq, was a given. It's not! You cannot have complete lack of understanding that more goes into a successful shopping experience than the item they want us to buy. It's all completely gone over their head. So,as a result, we have Tony acting like we are dumb instead of him realizing that it's slcs fault not ours. Slc did well for many years. They come across like rookies who have no clue what they are doing.
The reason people don't want to spend a lot of $ here is because 1. Often it's during a clearance with no returns. 2. They have no QC. People routinely get Jewelry missing stones. 3 Shipping is a joke. If they DO ship, it takes a long time to arrive. 4 . If item doesn't arrive or God forbid, the package arrived WITHOUT item purchased, they tell you to file a police report. 🤣🤣🤣 That's absurd. It's ridiculous. Maybe this is what they expect in India. People work hard for their money, their free time is valuable , they aren't stupid and treating us like we are is worse than an insult. Maybe Tony's demeanor on air is a reflection or how it is behind the scenes. Maybe they are worried that they went high end and non jewelry items. Don't fix what isn't broken. That applied when the new pres arrived. It's broken now and they don't fix. Not sure why they are even involved in retail.
Last edited by Rena 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
15 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN :lol: :lol:...H😊
5 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 2 years ago

Tony is a salesman, period. I am not saying he is not knowledgeable about gemstones, but he does take liberties and embellishes the value of what he is selling all the time. The majority of jewelry that SLC sales is not high quality, but Tony pushes them like they are rare and valuable, example fissure filled rubies. Secondly, Tanzanite is not rare. There are tanzanite stones and jewelry everywhere out there for sale. Do you really think that if it was so rare that people would be willing to get rid of it? I don’t know about Tony being invested but I do that SLC is part of the VGL Group Company and Tony is not one of their directors or managers. He does however take credit for some of their accomplishments, especially in mining and producing tanzanite.
10 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN :lol: :lol:...H😊
Whew!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Personally I don't think a lively discussion or even a disagreement is a bad thing. As long as it doesn't devolve to vicious I think it is interesting to hear differing opinions.
6 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 years ago

I always felt that I have a great appreciation for a beautiful gemstone, that why I like jewelry! You don’t need to be European to appreciate something beautiful, but.... you do need the money to own it!
9 x