PLEASE focus on the product!

mpompadour

PLEASE focus on the product!

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

First let me say I LOVE shopping on SHOPLC. I've bought many wonderful items for years! There is one thing I would love for ShopLC to change. I miss items on live TV sometimes and when I'm online shopping and run across something that piques my interest, I pull it up and most of the time there is a live presentation video. This is a SUPER feature and very nice. But there are some presentations that the cameraman does a longshot and does NOT get close in on the product, the hosts are busy talking and don't completely show the item up close enough. PLEASE put videos up that focus in ONLY on the products being presented. We could still hear the hosts describing the item. Many times I have passed up an item because of not enough attention to the product ONLY! I realize these are only 1 minute clips, but please make that minute count. Thanks! ;)
14 x

Spooky

Re: PLEASE focus on the product!

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Amen to that!
5 x

Stan

Re: PLEASE focus on the product! I wanna

Post by Stan » 4 years ago

:o
4 x

Rob In Cincy

Post by Rob In Cincy » 4 years ago

I completely agree.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I think this is a very good idea as everyone does not have the time to watch "live tv" presentations. I wanted to purchase an item last week and the online live presentation video did not even feature the item. It was just a lot of talking from the host about a totally different item.
8 x

CindyM

Post by CindyM » 4 years ago

Yes! I'm so glad you posted this! I have passed up many items too shopping online fot this exact reason. Please more product detail with the online videos.
8 x

GTOMama1966

Post by GTOMama1966 » 4 years ago

I couldn't agree more. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time and it's what separates Shop LC from the other channels. I wish they'd take a cue from the other channels and understand that we don't care about their schmoozing with each other but the product and we'd like to see it. On the hosts. Closeup and far away. It'd be nice to get an idea of scale so there's no surprises like the ginormous pendant I ordered and was unpleasantly surprised by. Sometimes I have to turn the sound off because it's so obnoxious listening to the fake banter go on and on and....

Shop LC, get a clue here! I'm not alone in this. 8-)
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree with the other viewers comments. I can not count how many times I watch a video on the product and it is either the wrong product being shown or it is video of the mines ext.. Who ever puts up these video's needs to make sure they are using a clip that is focusing on the product, not the host telling a story or showing an item coming up or where it is mined, I want to see the item so I can decide if I want to buy it. I also want to see the item up close but also at a further distance to I can tell its true size please. The other issue I have is the exaggerated start price on many items, just because they pull up an item from the web for a certain price that does not mean it is valued at that price.For example I could put a sky blue topaz for sale on the web and ask $10,000,00, yes that would be the price on the web but that would not be the value or estimated retail value of the item, what the other shopping channels do is see what that item sells for in different parts of the country and then they take the average price of all of them to come up with the estimated retail value, I can not count how many times the host say an item is worth a certain price and I go online and find multiple of that item or very similar for much cheaper. I have purchased a lot of jewelry from you and I usually love most items except the diamond jewelry most has gone back because of milky or grey diamonds which also have crazy start prices for the quality.
7 x

Kharailee

Post by Kharailee » 4 years ago

I agree. We need to see the product up close and also from far away. Too much wasted time with the host talking and the camera man not showing the item. I have passed up on many items this way.
8 x

Terry

Post by Terry » 4 years ago

I have the same issues. On live TV, the camera focuses in on the hosts talking and you don't get to see the product. Camera people: I don't understand why this continues to happen. I have an interest in the product but many times am left to guess about the product - what does the clasp look like, what does the necklace look like, what are the watch details, what are the ring details, what does the inside of the purse look like ??? I switch the channel in frustration. Since this continually happens, and I have brought this to ShopLC's attention several times over the past year, what am I to assume - I assume that management does not really care too much since things don't really change. I have cut down on my purchases due to this since I am not being shown the product details.
11 x