FYI…sweater connectors

RS

FYI…sweater connectors

Post by RS » 2 years ago

As SLC is calling them.

They are actually designed to be worn in the back of a sweater to cinch the waist in.

I texted in to tell them that. For all the good it will do.

Edited to add…

I just saw they have two styles. Yes…the one with the chains is meant to be in the front of a cardigan, especially when worn just on the shoulders. Remember our Gramma wearing one?

The other style is meant to be worn in the back.
8 x

Amy

Re: FYI…sweater connectors

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi RS: I remember my gran wearing them a long time ago. I kept trying to think how I could use them but being retired I don’t have to dress up every day. I’m not sure I liked the style of them & didn’t buy them. 🙄🙄🙄
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

Amy wrote:
2 years ago
Hi RS: I remember my gran wearing them a long time ago. I kept trying to think how I could use them but being retired I don’t have to dress up every day. I’m not sure I liked the style of them & didn’t buy them. 🙄🙄🙄
I remember when I was in HS and Madonna was all the rage. Some of the style was granny, Gunny-sax dresses. I had a couple of those connectors that I wore in the back of those chunky shaker sweaters (remember those?) worn off shoulder with a tank underneath…white lace up granny boots but with spiky heels, lacy little socks and a box pleated, calf length skirt.
That’s how we wore them. But not comfortable to sit back against a chair.
I have seen pics of my gramma wearing one to connect her cardigan sweater when she wore it just over her shoulders.
7 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

I have several of these in genuine gemstones and one in pain silver with butterflies. I did not buy here. I use them on those light weight cardigan styled tops with a camisole underneath. Before I started using them I was constantly pulling together in the front so they lay right. They are also handy for those that tend to flap open. I like my clothing to stay put and not dance around.
9 x

sque

Post by sque » 2 years ago

they can be very pretty just hooked on the front of a shirt or dress instead of a necklace or brooch especially a v-neck outfit. try a couple that works together (matches)
3 x