Tired of Beads?

bluez

Tired of Beads?

Post by bluez » 2 years ago

I don't wear beads, don't find them comfortable to wear. (unless they are very small & smooth.)
If we must see so many beads, at least limit them to a time frame or a Bead Smack Down so I can check out!
Anyone with me?
bluez
9 x

Amy

Re: Tired of Beads?

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi Bluez: I have a small frame & have to watch I don’t buy beads that are just too huge for me. That look isn’t good. I like seed beads that aren’t too big & don’t hang to my waist. I mostly buy a long chain & pendant. I guess there are a lot of girls out there with large beads, but I’ve never seen them. I agree with you. 🌸🌸🌸
6 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

About a year or so ago they did the same thing showing just so many beads. The one different thing this time at least is they are adding interesting elements to some of them. Most are just normal strands though and yes I am very weary of them.

I think it’s because they aren’t able to get the other gems or not able to have them cut properly so they resort to beads.

They have also said that the “trend” this upcoming season is a lot of beads. Yeah well the trend is whatever they shove down our throats and we buy.
12 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

I really like the variety of stones you can find in beads. Some of them come out with beautiful variations in each bead. They are very interesting to examine! Size is very important though! I just received a bracelet with such huge beads it won't wrap around my wrist. It might actually be shorter than it is supposed to be.
9 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

My sister bought me a small faceted bead bracelet in garnet. It was supposed to be 7 1/2 inches. If it was 6 3/4 inches I'll eat my bonnet. So not just the beads were small. Very disappointing.
10 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 2 years ago

To: Sis.2...It's a shame this happened to you..hope the bracelet..."wasn't for ' anything special' "....
That ruined the occasion for you.
3 x

JA

Post by JA » 2 years ago

I love beads, but I can't wear any that are too big on my neck. I had Cervical spine surgery so anything heavy on my neck is uncomfortable. I agree with Annibelle some beads are just beautiful. I purchase beads from another channel to make rings, necklaces and bracelets but some that I buy I just want to keep :D

I bought a bead bracelet from SLC I wanted to wear it but I felt like Wilma Flintstone :lol:
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:
5 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 2 years ago

JA..I do not like heavy necklaces either, even though I don't have"a neck problem"..
It's just too uncomfortable!
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Jacee. No, My sister got me the bracelet just because. She does that a lot. And I like big beads. I like to look at them anyway. On someone else. They are not comfortable for me.
5 x