Welcome pkg

Eve
Answers: 1

Welcome pkg

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

They keep saying how the new customers will get a welcome package and online it says first five orders are free shipping that’s amazing to me .😂I have been shopping here for years I provided thousands and thousands of meals 🌞🤣I never received anything from anybody .....well wait .....I received headaches from lost packages broken item and so on🤣🤣🤣🤣

I guess something is better than nothing LOL
8 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Welcome pkg

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Eve wrote:
4 years ago
They keep saying how the new customers will get a welcome package and online it says first five orders are free shipping that’s amazing to me .😂I have been shopping here for years I provided thousands and thousands of meals 🌞🤣I never received anything from anybody .....well wait .....I received headaches from lost packages broken item and so on🤣🤣🤣🤣

I guess something is better than nothing LOL
Thank you for your feedback. We have provided several different promotional offers to new customers through the years. Prior to the free shipping on the first 5 orders, we were offering a discount off of the first regular catalog purchase, and in the past we used to mail out a $5 coupon to save on their next order. Each promotion has a set time that it runs, so there were times where we were not offering promotional offers to new customers. So this isn't something new that we're doing for new customers, just something different.
2 x

Eve

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

Well thats great for new customers

My point stands!!

It was always amazing to me how companies don’t care about their loyal customers ,that it’s all about getting new ones that may or may not stay customers but loyal repeating customers ...,,..nothing for them it’s mind blowing to me🤯
9 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Eve wrote:
4 years ago

My point stands!!

It was always amazing to me how companies don’t care about their loyal customers ,that it’s all about getting new ones that may or may not stay customers but loyal repeating customers ...,,..nothing for them it’s mind blowing to me🤯
Well, I never got a coupon when I was a new customer. But I received a small gem book as a gift for being a loyal customer. I still have the book. I like it a lot. I started shopping back in November 2007, so this month I turned 12 years as a customer of this channel.
3 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Eve wrote:
4 years ago

My point stands!!

Well, I never got a coupon when I was a new customer. But I received a small gem book as a gift for being a loyal customer. I still have the book. I like it a lot. I started shopping back in November 2007, so this month I turned 12 years as a customer of this channel.
Back in those days I used to get little gifts every so often. A piece of jewelry a piece of rough a jar of jewelry cleaner a hanging jewelry organizer....
It's been quite some time since that's happened tho.
Things keep changing here.
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Eve wrote:
4 years ago

My point stands!!

Hi Margui
What is the name of the book and the author?
I never got any free stuff either!
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Eve wrote:
4 years ago

My point stands!!

Hi Margui
What is the name of the book and the author?
I never got any free stuff either!
Spooky: It is a little book made by ShopLC, when they were known as the Liquidation Channel. Inside of the book was a preface by past president Gerald Tempton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

As far as providing meals to kids. In America, our Government provides FREE school meals to all needy kids, plus they subsidize school meals to kids from middle class families. There are 3rd world countries where the kids are not only starving, but live in huts without electricity, running water or inside bathrooms. Some dont even have shoes to walk to schools which are far away. The videos of the India school kids, showed kids well dressed, not underweight, so I wish the donations would go where its desperately needed. By the way, most companies give alot of Charity. They get to deduct it on their taxes. Its great that Shoplc is helping out our government and the school systems in India, but viewers HEARTSTRINGS would be affected more if truly starving kids were benefitting by us buying shoplc jewelry.
2 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
As far as providing meals to kids. In America, our Government provides FREE school meals to all needy kids, plus they subsidize school meals to kids from middle class families. There are 3rd world countries where the kids are not only starving, but live in huts without electricity, running water or inside bathrooms. Some dont even have shoes to walk to schools which are far away. The videos of the India school kids, showed kids well dressed, not underweight, so I wish the donations would go where its desperately needed. By the way, most companies give alot of Charity. They get to deduct it on their taxes. Its great that Shoplc is helping out our government and the school systems in India, but viewers HEARTSTRINGS would be affected more if truly starving kids were benefitting by us buying shoplc jewelry.
Good Afternoon!

Our One for One program does more than provide a meal. Our mission is not just to feed hungry kids, but to attract them to school and allow them to learn without the burden of being hungry. In India, many families have to make a choice between sending their children to school or sending them to work to provide money for the family. Because of our efforts, kids in India can afford to go to school where they can eat and learn. These children often take left over food home to siblings and family members. This makes a difference, because kids in the schools we serve get a least one hot meal a day verses not going to school and working on the street to provide food for the family.

The situation is similar in the US. Yes, US government provides kids with hot lunches, but we’ve found there are many communities where kids do not come to school because they do not have breakfast and may not have had dinner the night before. Absenteeism is high, kids have more visits to the nurse and more disciplinary issues. Through No Kids Hungry, less fortunate community schools are able to provide kids with breakfast so they have something to look forward to when they get to school and are set up for success. Teachers and administrators in both countries comment on the level of focus kids have and the difference that is made when kids have a full belly. If these programs didn’t exist, these kids may not have the same opportunity. Our goal is to not just feed kids, but put an end to generational poverty by providing an environment where they can learn and change their lives.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I was not familiar with the Akshaya Patra foundation until recently when I began shopping with SLC. I commend their program. I have been familiar with No Kid Hungry/Share our Strength and have been a monthly patron of theirs since they began in 2010. I believe in their cause and truly believe they make a difference.
1 x