Host not being truthful again!

Gem Lover

Host not being truthful again!

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So as I am watching right now Jessica and Craig are stating that the Burmese Ruby are all natural when the website clearly states that some are fissure filled. This should not be allowed, shop lc is setting themselves up for a law suit if someone gets an item appraised and they find out it is not all natural. Why are the host allowed to continue to lie to the customers?
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Host not being truthful again!

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So as I am watching right now Jessica and Craig are stating that the Burmese Ruby are all natural when the website clearly states that some are fissure filled. This should not be allowed, shop lc is setting themselves up for a law suit if someone gets an item appraised and they find out it is not all natural. Why are the host allowed to continue to lie to the customers?
Thank you for your feedback. As we have addressed in the original ruby thread, some rubies are all natural, some are fissure filled, some are heat treated, etc. We are working on improving our transparency regarding which treatment is used for each batch of jewelry made so that our customers know whether or not a stone in a particular item has received a particular treatment.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

This is the information we currently have available, straight from our Education department and expert:

Burmese Ruby: May be heat treated or fissure filled to improve color.

Mundarara Ruby: May undergo fissure filling treatment to enhance the durability and clarity of this stone.

Niassa Ruby: Niassa ruby is fissure filled to improve durability and appearance. 90% or more of the ruby in today's market is fissure-filled or glass-filled.
0 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I texted several hosts including Craig, Jessica and others to please warn viewers to clean the Rubies with care. No ultrasonic cleaners. Not one Host that I texted, told the viewers to be careful- EXCEPT for KAREN👍 Without me texting her, she explained to the viewers that these Rubies should not be cleaned in a ultrasonic cleaner. Just gently with soap and water. Shows she really cares about what happens AFTER we spend our money. SHOUT OUT TO KAREN 😍 She has proven to me that she cares about us, not just to make a quick sale.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Karen is the best host imo. She is honest and caring. I like many other hosts for sure, but Karen, she's 100% in her presentations and her honesty. She's a real asset to ShopLC.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Karen is the best host imo. She is honest and caring. I like many other hosts for sure, but Karen, she's 100% in her presentations and her honesty. She's a real asset to ShopLC.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

What I'm getting from this is that customers should just assume all inexpensive rubies sold here (or elsewhere) are likely fissure filled. I never would use an ultrasonic cleaner for anything anyway, so that's not an issue for me. A little soap and water or jewelry cleaner with a soft toothbrush works just fine. Most of the rubies I own are real Burmese that I purchased many years ago when gold was still affordable. They have a fire that you don't see in today's rubies. I have also purchased some of the fissure filled Niassa rubies, and have had no problems with them at all.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

What we have posted above is the most information that we are going to be able to give for rubies.

We understand that some customers may want to know if a ruby in a particular ring is fissure filled, heat treated, etc, however due to the sheer quantity of jewelry that we create, being able to provide this specific of information for each product is unfortunately not feasible at this time. As stated already, we are working to update our education center to be clearer on the treatments for stones and we thank EVERYONE for your patience while we undergo this large project to get information updated.
0 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
You can actually see the cracks when they show the close up turn table.
2 x