New host…Hannah!

D-Flawless

New host…Hannah!

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

I caught some of the new host Hannah and she appears to be a very lovely and very likable person. I’m sure she will do really well and obviously has previous TV host experience. However…I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears when she picked up a bracelet and asked her cohost if it was Rose Quartz!!! Say whaaaaat?!? They hired someone who knows so little about gems and jewelry that she couldn’t even identify Rose Quartz?!? SERIOUSLY?¿!¡ That really made me lose faith in ShopLC! I’m sure she’ll learn and I don’t mean to cast aspersions on her here but I’m insulted that someone with so little knowledge base is trying to sell ME…a forty year collector…gems and jewelry! Ughhhhhh! I think ALL hosts should either have previous jewelry/gems experience or be a GG! Certainly there must be a plethora of qualified candidates out there!?! I’d be happy to go there and be a host…and I promise I will pronounce “Marquise” and “Cacoxinite” correctly too!! 🤣💎😱
5 x

Lyric21

Re: New host…Hannah!

Post by Lyric21 » 2 years ago

I agree. I think most professional hosts with knowledge of gems won't work here. The reasons are self explanatory.
I caught a glimpse of Adi hosting from a big , plain white room. It looks like a hospital room or padded cell. Maybe he finally lost it.
2 x

CSL

Post by CSL » 2 years ago

Lol... And she also said something about Zircon being a very rare gemstone. Becky didn't even reply, lol.
2 x

Solomon

Post by Solomon » 2 years ago

Incompetents hire..... incompetence
2 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

Lyric21 wrote:
2 years ago
I agree. I think most professional hosts with knowledge of gems won't work here. The reasons are self explanatory.
I caught a glimpse of Adi hosting from a big , plain white room. It looks like a hospital room or padded cell. Maybe he finally lost it.
You’re probably right about knowledgeable hosts…but they certainly have gotten a lot of them in the past…perhaps there’s a shortage now? I remember a young guy they had in the very beginning back in 2007 who knew nothing and I mean nothing! He couldn’t even think of anything to say and back then there was only one host at a time on. The motto back then when they were TJC was “Make your life sparkle” which I love but this poor guy just kept saying that over and over again because he had no experience with gems/jewelry or TV hosting! I felt really bad for him…it was painful to watch! At least Hannah has an excellent TV presence and she certainly knows how to talk! She even outtalked (is that a word?!¿) Chuck on her very first day! Too funny!!

I hope not about Adi! I LOVE Adi! 🥰 I think that was his office in London, he mentioned it’s new so he probably hasn’t had a chance to decorate it yet! LoL!!
2 x