Please Mr President

LisaC2019

Re: Please Mr President

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
No disrespect, but the little video where he is picking off all the Christmas decorations around the ShopLC office?? Then an employee passes his door and sees his office is full of Christmas decor - and the employee asks, what's going on? Well, he, the President, answers but I have NO IDEA what he is saying. I've watched it a dozen times - I put on closed-caption to see if I can catch the "joke" and nope. No idea what he is saying. Not even the closed caption captures it.

Can anyone tell me what he says at the end? I just don't get it. Why was he stealing all the Christmas decorations around the company?
He was talking about the latest Ruby Smackdown and when asked what's going on? He stated he was getting ready for the Christmas Ruby Smackdown.
4 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
No disrespect, but the little video where he is picking off all the Christmas decorations around the ShopLC office?? Then an employee passes his door and sees his office is full of Christmas decor - and the employee asks, what's going on? Well, he, the President, answers but I have NO IDEA what he is saying. I've watched it a dozen times - I put on closed-caption to see if I can catch the "joke" and nope. No idea what he is saying. Not even the closed caption captures it.

Can anyone tell me what he says at the end? I just don't get it. Why was he stealing all the Christmas decorations around the company?
I believe he said "Christmas Ruby Smackdown" and that is why he was taking all the Christmas decorations in preparation for the smackdown they had the other day. It took a couple of viewings for me to get it too.
1 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

ha! I thought I was the only one who HAD to take
a second and third look.....glad that ruby smack
down (I mean, Christmas Ruby Smack Down) is
history! :lol: :lol:
3 x

Jolynn

Post by Jolynn » 4 years ago

The new president seems to be a control freak and wants to get "air time" ....maybe he should be a host instead of the president. Also I cannot understand him. If he is going to be on the air as much as he is he needs to slow down and learn to speak better English. After all this is the United States not India and our language is English!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

He IS speaking English.

If he simply slowed down it might help. No need to be unkind.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Jolynn wrote:
4 years ago
The new president seems to be a control freak and wants to get "air time" ....maybe he should be a host instead of the president. Also I cannot understand him. If he is going to be on the air as much as he is he needs to slow down and learn to speak better English. After all this is the United States not India and our language is English!
hi ya, I wish he was a control freak that would do more
about the downhill spiral of service at SLC.
I think that the operative phrase here is slow
down and speak better
English.

God bless America :)
4 x

Jolynn

RS wrote:
4 years ago
He IS speaking English.

I said he needs to learn to speak better English not that he wasn't speaking English.! Thais not being unkind just simply stating a fact!

If he simply slowed down it might help. No need to be unkind.
1 change the channel everytime he comes on because I cannot understand him and he is very annoying. Also I am sick and and tired of the hosts screaming and repeating themselves. Adi and Ankor are the worst! If I have to keep hearing ladies and gentlemen or I just want to tell you something yelled on the air I will stop shopping with Shop LC. I change the channel everytime they come on and Cheryl is worst than she has ever been. PLEASE TELL THE HOSTS TO STOP YELLING AND REPEATING THEMSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN.!!!!!! They remind me of used car salesmen. No one wants to be yelled at or pressured when considering making a purchase!
2 x

Jolynn

To the viewer that commented on my post. I did not say he wasn't speaking English. I said he needs to speak better English and slow down so we can understand what he is saying! OMG! This is simply stating a fact not being unkind!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Jolynn wrote:
4 years ago
To the viewer that commented on my post. I did not say he wasn't speaking English. I said he needs to speak better English and slow down so we can understand what he is saying! OMG! This is simply stating a fact not being unkind!
I know that.

The part of your post to which I take umbrage is the part where you say “he needs to speak BETTER ENGLISH, this is the United States, not India”

That is simply offensive. And to add, I know many people who were born and raised here and do not speak English well.

No offense to you but if you don’t understand why I do not care for your comment I am not about to explain further.

I do agree slowing down would be helpful.
4 x

Jolynn

That is your opinion and I have the right to my opinion as well. I was stating a fact not being disrespectful or offensive. Other viewers have made similar comments about speaking better English so why don't you post on their comments and stop commenting on mine. I should be able to say how I feel as a customer without another viewer criticizing my comment. Afterall that is the reason Shop LC has this forum for customer feedbac. I did not ask for your opinion or if you agreed with me.
1 x