Mocking the forum complaints

Gem Lover

Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So during the early morning hours I was watching Nickki and Adie and they commented on the forums comments about host yelling and than said would you rather have this and started talking almost in a monotone whisper and asked if that was what we would prefer, so it seems they are being told that we do not like the screaming but at the same time it was like they were being sarcastic about it. I do not think they get the point, we do not mind the joking around it is being yelled at that we do not like there is a big difference.
24 x

RS

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by RS » 4 years ago

If they are mocking, so not cool.

Probably why they don’t interact much with viewers anymore.

Would they rather we move on and shop elsewhere?
15 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So during the early morning hours I was watching Nickki and Adie and they commented on the forums comments about host yelling and than said would you rather have this and started talking almost in a monotone whisper and asked if that was what we would prefer, so it seems they are being told that we do not like the screaming but at the same time it was like they were being sarcastic about it. I do not think they get the point, we do not mind the joking around it is being yelled at that we do not like there is a big difference.
Good Afternoon, Gem Lover!

We are so sorry to hear this! Your feedback has been forwarded to our teams in charge of the Hosts so that we can review and further improve ourselves for all of our viewers' enjoyment.
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Well, what I would prefer is that they behave in a professional manner rather than that of a carnival barker.
21 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

yes...you have given forum guidelines and help keep the order
by reprimanding us, assuring the frustrated and assisting in many
manners. so, do the hosts have guidelines? are they reprimanded?
10 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I happened to catch this part of their show and I too found them to be a little sarcastic. They "played" at being not excited about the product which was totally off the mark. They lowered their voices, no smiles, they spoke of the product in a boring form, and made it as if that is what we want??? Not even close. They were over dramatic about the presentation without excitement or fun.

The point is we enjoy fun, excitement, and enthusiasm from the hosts about products. We do NOT want yelling and screaming at us to buy now, right now! The point of raising your voice and acting a little crazy yelling at the camera is not acceptable! There is not a single profession that I know where anyone yells to make a point. We are adults shopping. We do not need to be preached and yelled at.

Mocking our desires, by totally acting half-dead in a presentation, was way over the top and not sincere. I was disappointed and insulted a bit b/c I know exactly what they were saying to customers. Also, enough making excuses for Cheryl, by other hosts, explaining her love of her profession, knowledge of product etc. Cheryl does not get a pass. She acts incredibly odd to yell, scream and jump up and down. I hope someone can "train" her to settle down. Otherwise, I'm changing the channel.
18 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I thought I was actually going to enjoy watching this Smackdown. I am in the market for a few pieces with this stone. But I have asked several questions this morning and as always lately, I was not answered.

In light of that and what you said about mocking, no longer enjoying.

Makes me rather sad actually.
10 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I'm baffled by it. It's not good business. It's opposite of how you makes sales.. foolish. I wonder if they want to fail? Sometimes, that's a real reason. I wish I were in charge - I'd straighten it out in a jiffy! :lol:
13 x

dog-lips

Post by dog-lips » 4 years ago

You guys have some really nice merchandise and often offer excellent prices. I do find the “drop auction” format frustrating though. Sometimes I don’t have 15-20 minutes to watch the presentation to get to the bottom line. I would be more inclined to make a purchase if you just gave the price. Seriously, I’m sure the hosts know what the price of each item is when the show starts. They don’t need “10 more people on the phone” before they can lower the price or have some management person show up and “stop the music.” I don’t care for the game playing. It’s kind of insulting. I also would appreciate not being shouted at. Especially the hosts who yell “Go!” That’s usually when I turn off the sound or change the channel. It would also be nice if the bottom line price was reflected on the website. I may not be able to watch for hours and could shop online knowing I was getting the lowest price on an item. Some hosts do an excellent job of presenting the items. It’s helpful to have more time spent on the item (showing it on the hand, neck or ear close up for example) and measuring it etc. rather that focusing on the hosts just talking about it.
21 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

So if as gemlover has stated, the host were being saracastic because WE DO NOT ENJOY being yelled and sceamed at, that is sad and inappropriate. I watched two other shopping channels last night (yes, during under $10 which in the past I would never miss) One was "__friend Friday" and the other one was in the sunshine state (or I believe they are still in sunshine state) and I can't tell you how much I ENJOYED these veteran host,. So if Shoplc as they say about their hosts "they can't please all their viewing audience" then I CAN DO , AND DID ,change the channel. You need to listen to your viewers, but even more, you need to listen to your BUYING customers.
17 x