Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
They should vent before going on air.
There's a time and place for everything.
Live on-air is Not the place nor time.
You don't pQQp where you eat.
Im kind of amazed at how many people are upset at being mocked but thought Dan was hilarious for calling his co workers idiots on live tv. I just dont understand why the double standard. Either be upset at all of it or try to be understanding. I guess I will never understand human nature.
That was apparently before my time. I have never seen Dan. But wow if he would do that. Not cool!
3 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

Im kind of amazed at how many people are upset at being mocked but thought Dan was hilarious for calling his co workers idiots on live tv. I just dont understand why the double standard. Either be upset at all of it or try to be understanding. I guess I will never understand human nature.
That was apparently before my time. I have never seen Dan. But wow if he would do that. Not cool!
That was part of Dan's schtick.
Dan hosted when SLC started (jewelry channel) then came back for a couple/few years.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

That was part of Dan's schtick.
Dan hosted when SLC started (jewelry channel) then came back for a couple/few years.
I know all about Dan and I didnt care for his "act". I didnt find him funny or entertaining or all that knowledgeable. He reminded me of a grumpy old man shaking his cane at the neighbor kids.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
Maybe she could join the forum to vent!😲
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
You know...that idea has merit!

They claim we’re family. So come on in and interact with your family. Maybe both sides could benefit. They might actually see us through different eyes and empathize. And perhaps we would finally SEE them and realize they are not any different than we are.
I think it’s a win-win idea!
4 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

They claim we’re family. So come on in and interact with your family. Maybe both sides could benefit. They might actually see us through different eyes and empathize. And perhaps we would finally SEE them and realize they are not any different than we are.
Like that would happen! You can interact with them if you have FB but youd better be a bundle of positivity! Otherwise its the block button for you!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Like that would happen! You can interact with them if you have FB but youd better be a bundle of positivity! Otherwise its the block button for you!
Well ya, I get it. But they put this here and the whole “family” aspect ya know?

And FB? Never! It will be the downfall of society!
2 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Well ya, I get it. But they put this here and the whole “family” aspect ya know?

Omgosh! I think you are my soul sister! All social media is bad but FB is terrible. Even this bothers me when they want to rate people. Either give them warnings if they break rules and then block the account but none of this crap where people are rated for social media presence or behavior.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

My sentiments exactly, RS!
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’m finding it harder to watch the female host that started this and have heard little snide comments since during the late hours. I wish someone would train some of the hosts to stop yelling, screaming, playing price mind games and acting like we’re all idiots. I’m still not happy with how things are changing here and miss the way it used to be. We’re all human and make mistakes, but learn from them. Don’t keep repeating them, we just turn the channel and buy elsewhere.
8 x