Mocking the forum complaints

Gemsnob

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Troy wrote:
4 years ago
I think some might be missing the point that ShopLC is different than other shopping networks. They are televised live falling AUCTIONS. Guess where they yell, shout, exclaim, and get excited about your opportunities to buy items within limited time restrictions...? Literally every other auction ever.

And just because you may not like something doesn’t make it wrong or mean that it is bad business. I tune in and purchase from ShopLC constantly because I appreciate their passion for what they do. Yes some of my favorites can certainly be considered kookie and extravagant, but I love their personalities and look forward to them sharing their love for gemstones and jewelry.
If it isn’t something you enjoy, perhaps QVC might be a better option for you.
Some of us have been with them since the beginning. They havent always resorted to weird behavior. Having a host act like a farm animal is a bit bizarre. Its unnecessary. No one needs to be yelled at for three hours like its the Super Bowl especially if you are watching for hours on end.
3 x

Gemsnob

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Troy wrote:
4 years ago
I think some might be missing the point that ShopLC is different than other shopping networks. They are televised live falling AUCTIONS. Guess where they yell, shout, exclaim, and get excited about your opportunities to buy items within limited time restrictions...? Literally every other auction ever.

And just because you may not like something doesn’t make it wrong or mean that it is bad business. I tune in and purchase from ShopLC constantly because I appreciate their passion for what they do. Yes some of my favorites can certainly be considered kookie and extravagant, but I love their personalities and look forward to them sharing their love for gemstones and jewelry.
Some of us have been with them since the beginning. They havent always resorted to weird behavior. Having a host act like a farm animal is a bit bizarre. Its unnecessary. No one needs to be yelled at for three hours like its the Super Bowl especially if you are watching for hours on end.
They arent really an auction or a falling auction. They pretend they are but they arent. There is no bidding involved.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hi ya, I guess that it is more than bidding like at a real auction.
The falling meaning of the falling auction should be 'price
lowered till SOLD OUT with everyone paying the lowest
price.
Welcome in Troy and if you like the network and it's hosts for
the entertainment value, that's great. Here's hoping that you
continue to enjoy and find the greatest pieces for the best
value.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Troy wrote:
4 years ago

Hmmmm limited time ???? I dont appreciate being yelled or shouted at for OVER AN HOUR on one item being made to feel pressured and annoyed that I need to by this ring, bracelet, pendant, etc
It has not always been this way. Should the host enjoy themselves , absolutely, but dont treat us as if we are being stupid when the item isnt selling . Show us what we are buying. Dont tell us....oh just buy it now and we'll tell you about it later or you'll get a good look at it when you get it. Really ?? It was not like this a few months ago. And another thing...
The hosts used to take the time to tell us about the gemstones, we used to see videos about the gem hunting and the mine owners. Now all we get is the videos talking about feeding kids. And I'm sorry but that gets old and depressing when that's ALL you hear.
I loved the old SLC, I miss it and I want it back
7 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Troy wrote:
4 years ago

Hmmmm limited time ???? I dont appreciate being yelled or shouted at for OVER AN HOUR on one item being made to feel pressured and annoyed that I need to by this ring, bracelet, pendant, etc
It has not always been this way. Should the host enjoy themselves , absolutely, but dont treat us as if we are being stupid when the item isnt selling . Show us what we are buying. Dont tell us....oh just buy it now and we'll tell you about it later or you'll get a good look at it when you get it. Really ?? It was not like this a few months ago. And another thing...
The hosts used to take the time to tell us about the gemstones, we used to see videos about the gem hunting and the mine owners. Now all we get is the videos talking about feeding kids. And I'm sorry but that gets old and depressing when that's ALL you hear.
I loved the old SLC, I miss it and I want it back
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Me too!
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Wow 😮. I’m glad for this forum! At least today. I thought I was just getting old and cranky 🙄. I can’t watch live anymore. The only time I look at the tv is when the product is being shown. That’s if the host gets around to showing it. I can’t take live presentations; the hosts drive me crazy I Really miss Sara and Dan. They were fun and funny without the nonsense. I wonder if that is why Sara left? Because of all the CRAP? I wonder if management really cares about what we say about the hosts?
5 x

Gemsnob

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
Wow 😮. I’m glad for this forum! At least today. I thought I was just getting old and cranky 🙄. I can’t watch live anymore. The only time I look at the tv is when the product is being shown. That’s if the host gets around to showing it. I can’t take live presentations; the hosts drive me crazy I Really miss Sara and Dan. They were fun and funny without the nonsense. I wonder if that is why Sara left? Because of all the CRAP? I wonder if management really cares about what we say about the hosts?
I liked Sarah too; Dan, not so much. I wonder too if she didnt like the changes or if she just felt it was time to do something else now that she was married. I really cant believe some of the things certain ones say and do and it seems acceptable.
4 x

texastim

Post by texastim » 4 years ago

Yes Danielle please call me. You have the area code listed in my account with ***edited for privacy*** THANK YOU IN ADVANE. I will be nice, promise. :) lol.
4 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Troy wrote:
4 years ago

Troy, they are NOT doing falling auctions. In a real falling auction, the prices continue to drop until the item sells out, or at least gets close to selling out. SLC has already pre-determined their asking price for each presentation, so there is NEVER real falling auction. Although it's not so easy to figure out these days, in the 'olden' days that so many of us fondly remember, you could almost nail what the end price would be: a tenth of the so-called start or suggested price. So, if a ruby ring shows at the beginning as, say, $399.99, the "final" price would be anywhere from $35.99 to $49.99, at most. (This is assuming the ring is silver and has no diamonds, of course.)

JTV, in the really prehistoric days when they were still ACNTV, did a fine job of falling auctions. Almost everything they did back then was a falling auction (and you could even hear the hosts calling out to the phone reps who were in the same room tho we couldn't see them.) The UK company Gemporia (or RocksTV) used to broadcast in the US. They also did true falling auctions. And at both of these places, the prices would many times drop below cost!! It was incredible.

So, please don't hammer away at us old-timers who know how things used to be when SLC was a much better company. If you're happy with them now, that's great. But for the rest of us, who seem to gripe all the time...well, we just want to see them return to better management, better business practices, better everything. It's the loyalty we've had, and that we're trying to hold on to, that causes our complaints. I hope this makes it a bit clearer for you.
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Troy wrote:
4 years ago

Troy, they are NOT doing falling auctions. In a real falling auction, the prices continue to drop until the item sells out, or at least gets close to selling out. SLC has already pre-determined their asking price for each presentation, so there is NEVER real falling auction. Although it's not so easy to figure out these days, in the 'olden' days that so many of us fondly remember, you could almost nail what the end price would be: a tenth of the so-called start or suggested price. So, if a ruby ring shows at the beginning as, say, $399.99, the "final" price would be anywhere from $35.99 to $49.99, at most. (This is assuming the ring is silver and has no diamonds, of course.)

JTV, in the really prehistoric days when they were still ACNTV, did a fine job of falling auctions. Almost everything they did back then was a falling auction (and you could even hear the hosts calling out to the phone reps who were in the same room tho we couldn't see them.) The UK company Gemporia (or RocksTV) used to broadcast in the US. They also did true falling auctions. And at both of these places, the prices would many times drop below cost!! It was incredible.

So, please don't hammer away at us old-timers who know how things used to be when SLC was a much better company. If you're happy with them now, that's great. But for the rest of us, who seem to gripe all the time...well, we just want to see them return to better management, better business practices, better everything. It's the loyalty we've had, and that we're trying to hold on to, that causes our complaints. I hope this makes it a bit clearer for you.
So accurately & perfectly said scoobydoo! Pleasant memories are not soon forgotten.
4 x