@honey
@OtherSideOfTheTracks
@dog-lips
@CC
@Blossom
@LisaC2019
@Margui
@Gypsy

I agree with all of your posts! I was actually (stupidly) going to give them ONE more chance. I had a cart full last night, and with other items I was going to purchase, this order would have been well over 2,000.00. I found some items I really wanted, and some I could gift for the holidays and for birthdays. My cart was so full I knew I would have to end up calling it in, so I waited until today.

(Of course each time I tried the 30% off coupon code, something happened.
The first time it emptied my cart completely.
The second time I received that usual message "We are currently having difficulty processing your code" or whatever.
The third time it said the code was not valid on blah blah blah, even though next to each item in my cart, on the items' individual pages, it states the 30% code applies.)

After reading about the insulting actions discussed in this thread, I will be removing the items from my cart.

No more "One more chance" for me. Not ever.

There are other TV Shopping Channels, and I LOVE "The Big River", and there are so many online sites with fabulous bargains.

SLC: Your new "label imprint" on some of my rings ("D'Joy") does not speak of "Delivering Joy" to me anymore.

Sadly, instead I think of: "Disparage Joy."

disparage
[ dih-spar-ij ]

DEFINITION: criticize; detract from

Synonyms for disparage

belittle
decry
degrade
denigrate
deride
discredit
dismiss
malign
ridicule
scorn
underrate
vilify
deject
demoralize
deprecate
depreciate
derogate
discourage
disdain
dishearten
dispirit
lower
minimize
pan
rap
roast
scorch
slam
smear
traduce
underestimate
undervalue
cry down
dispraise
downcry
dump on
put down
put hooks in
run down
tear down
write off
Cattitus: Absolutely agree with your post. I feel disappointed. Nikki and Adi should be warned and if they do it again, then they need to be fired.
3 x

Margui

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago
Good Evening, Everyone!

I am so very sorry to hear all of this! I can certainly understand everyone's concerns, and it is truly disheartening to hear the Hosts would act in such a manner in response to our viewers. I have provided all the feedback here directly to our teams in charge of the hosts, and have also included the request to have a direct response from those in charge.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for all that has recently transpired as we work on getting this reviewed and resolved!
You don't have to apologize but those two (Nikki and Adi). Thank you, Connor for doing your job. No worries.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

You know...maybe the tape was reviewed and they didn’t think there was anything wrong? Maybe they are standing by their hosts on this one.
3 x

Marg

Post by Marg » 4 years ago

Try looking up tsc.ca live. You will see a totally different show approach where the hosts focus more on the product not just the price. They aren't hard sell but also not so entertaining.
Iam not suggesting this sight to shop because their prices are 3x than shoplc and don't ship outside Canada but they have been on the air for at least 40 years and i think their hosts have captured the essence of informing the shoppers of they are getting since we can't touch or try on the products.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
You know...maybe the tape was reviewed and they didn’t think there was anything wrong? Maybe they are standing by their hosts on this one.
I thought of that too. If so, then the higher ups are: 1) hiding behind their mistakes (cowardly and not the American way) 2) are culturally disconnected to American values and what's acceptable to customers (unlike other countries), 3) SLC is in such a bind/trouble that they will overlook it because they have so many other problems to address that they can't afford to "deal with this" like other healthy companies (because it WAS wrong what Nikki and Aldi did), 4) maybe there is favoritism to Nikki & Aldi, 5) and maybe SLC just doesn't CARE! You know, America is big on forgiving mistakes when an APOLOGY is given. I think, we the customers, deserve an apology.

Many other reasons come to mind why they choose to ignore it and all of them doesn't benefit us, the customers. This is about their company breakdown. Why do they send fragile products in a bubble wrap envelope only? It's because no one cares. A company that cares about the product getting to the customer in perfect shape sends the product bubble wrapped heavily and in a BOX. But not SLC. Everyone is dropping the ball starting from the TOP.

My final take is that this company has so many flaws that this episode where N & A literally joke about customer's desire not be screamed at when pitching a product- is not on SLC's priority list of things to fix. I just hope they are keeping files on these mess ups then IF they do finally start running a business like it's supposed to be run (getting rid of cancers and problems) then when another issue comes up - they will fix or get rid of the problem/people.
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Any and all of that may be the case. I personally think it’s more simple. As long as SLC is making a profit the few of us here that are voicing our concerns/complaints don’t really matter when it all shakes out.

We are just collateral damage and will be chocked up to being disgruntled customers.
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Any and all of that may be the case. I personally think it’s more simple. As long as SLC is making a profit the few of us here that are voicing our concerns/complaints don’t really matter when it all shakes out.

We are just collateral damage and will be chocked up to being disgruntled customers.
This. This is the most likely of things. I overthink things and I actually gave them credit to being a "management" team intent to fix problems for their customers. Stupid thinking. You are spot on right.

We are just a few that voice our concerns. Disgruntled customers. That's okay in the end tho. We represent hundreds of others that don't use forums to express their dissatisfaction and eventually dropping sales will be the eye-opener. I can just guess that they would finally "act" on their poor performance.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Nikki is the one doing the talking and started the whole thing and Adie went along with it but seemed uncomfortable about doing it, You could tell by the look on his face.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hey......500 have viewed these posts!!! I wish half of
them would log in and tell all what's on their minds.
8 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve posted my concern about this and I find it inexcusable and very unprofessional on their part. I agree with you about them chalking it up to just a few disgruntled customers who want to find fault at everything. I’ve been shopping here for years and liked when Kevin was president, things were actually more peaceful and not so much chaos. As for several complaints about the shipping being in those little flimsy plastic envelopes, would you believe the shungite water bottle I ordered was in one Friday?? I was so upset after paying around $90 and the box was crushed on all four corners and the little stopper that holds the shungite is defective and keeps popping out. I will be returning this piece of junk but still waiting on a refund to be credited to my credit card for a diamond ring that they received 8 days ago!! That was my 1st return and horrible customer service and was told they had to make sure I didn’t damage the item. It was used with the tag tore off pink writing on the baggie and 2 sizes too small. I just don’t think this company cares as long as they make a sell. I’ve never had to wait this long for a refund with the major shopping channels. As for those hosts, I think it’s something the president needs to address and I do think they need to apologize. I’m just so disappointed with ShopLC, no joy being delivered to me anymore, just defective product and a hassle getting refunded
4 x