Mocking the forum complaints

Catticus

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
NikkiStanzione wrote:
4 years ago
Hi Everyone...this is Nikki Stanzione and I feel compelled to react to this unexpected conversation about Adi and me that has apparently, and very unintentionally, offended and upset so many people...people who inspire me to do my job to the best of my ability everyday and people whose opinions and feelings I care about. This entire thread is extremely upsetting to me, even the comments posted after our initial apology, as my daily intention on air, now and since beginning my career in television over 20yrs ago, has always been to respect and relate to my viewers, as well as to inform, educate, entertain and share opportunities while bringing a smile to their faces. And most of all, I've always made it my priority to be authentic, genuine, real, and honest in my presentations, while making sure the viewer feels heard and understood with compassion, care and empathy. The only person I’ve ever made fun of or mocked on air is myself and somehow a very spontaneous joke on ourselves turned into a huge discussion that I believe was unfortunately misinterpreted based on what our intention was, and has escalated into something it was never meant to be.

Firstly, please let me make it clear that I’m deeply sorry to anyone who Adi and I offended, as that is not at ALL what we intended or thought we were doing. Based on the majority of comments, I find it most necessary to point out that I literally only just found out there was even a customer comment forum on our website when notified THIS WEEK about this particular thread. I didn’t even know this forum existed and the only comments I’ve ever reacted or responded to on air, are based on the live texts on set that we receive while doing a show or on my public FB host page (and more often than not they are very kind and positive). Because I didn’t know this forum was in existence, I was therefore not addressing any comments from here with anything I said in our show, despite the conclusion that seems to have been drawn by so many on this thread:( I’m completely shocked by the entire conversation simply because it began with us making fun of OURSELVES on air for being silly that night and trying to be extra entertaining but realizing, with self deprecating humor, that our comedy was actually pretty bad and so we laughed at ourselves. We mentioned that we realize we have a little extra energy at times, but want to make people laugh and have fun while shopping instead of taking ourselves too seriously. We both expressed that we thought it was probably better to be a bit overexcited and energetic doing what we do, rather than to be too quiet or present items without excitement or energy. It had NOTHING to do with mocking or invalidating any comments you’ve made or sarcastically making any points to negate your opinions. We simply decided in the moment to pretend for a minute in an “acting skit” that we were serious and quiet host types, to see how it would feel for us and the viewers and ironically, we joked around wrapping it up by saying we had more phone calls coming through with orders when we stopped talking...so maybe we should be quiet more often. Lol. The entire unplanned moment was all about making fun of US-not to hurt the viewers in any way. That is not who either of us are, personally or professionally, and I’m devastated to think it could be interpreted any other way.

I have never been a host who yells or screams or who talks AT my audience, and can certainly understand why that would offend some people (to validate the point many of you have made), however I do have a lot of energy, passion and excitement for what I do. I also have a great deal of pride and integrity regarding this job and the mission of our company. I care for and respect the people I work with and for and genuinely appreciate and care deeply about my customers&viewers...your lives, opinions and feelings. I’m so sorry to to see that you think I was being sarcastic (which if you’ve ever watched my shows you know is not my personality at all- I just tell it like it is) or disrespecting or invalidating any of your comments (comments I didn’t even know existed), as my only goal every day is to deliver joy to every one of you.

Once again I apologize for offending anyone and hope you know how much Adi and I respect your feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this long comment...I just felt it necessary to clear this up before it went any further or any of you thought, for even one more single second, that Adi or I are/were anything other than sincere in our explanations and genuine apologies. When things get misinterpreted or escalate from one comment after another compounding the interpretation of the next, it ultimately can lead to negativity and misplaced anger...in this case, towards two people who truly only wanted to make you laugh by making fun of themselves. Therefore, I feel I have no other option than to provide you with another more personal honest explanation.

On this Thanksgiving, and for Christmas Day as well, I will be here to work and deliver joy to all of you...which brings me joy. I’ll be missing my family back home a great deal, but I love my job and am committed to sharing our amazing deals with my Shop LC family. Therefore, to read so many comments here stating you don’t believe us when we say Shop LC is like family, I hope you will reconsider. I too believe we should prove it with actions not just words, and I truly hope those actions do in fact say it clearly. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and I wish many blessings to you and your loved ones. 🙏
How can you work here and not know that there
is a forum on your company’s website?
Seriously???
How can you think making fun of your customers is funny?
This wasn’t misinterpreted.
Customers are angry and their issues with your company were only compounded by your behavior.
The anger was and is not misplaced.
The fact that it took you days to respond speaks loudly and frankly, you should both have apologized on air to us the customer!
More importantly your president amit should have addressed the community - forum and nationwide- immediately.
You make it sound like you’re working the holidays for us because you care. We all have had to work holidays because it’s our job.
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So during the early morning hours I was watching Nickki and Adie and they commented on the forums comments about host yelling and than said would you rather have this and started talking almost in a monotone whisper and asked if that was what we would prefer, so it seems they are being told that we do not like the screaming but at the same time it was like they were being sarcastic about it. I do not think they get the point, we do not mind the joking around it is being yelled at that we do not like there is a big difference.
My response is the same as Spooky's. The sentence below, as well as others in the post, speaks volumes.

It is once again placing the blame elsewhere. It is not taking responsibility for one's own actions. It is explaining them away.

"When things get misinterpreted or escalate from one comment after another compounding the interpretation of the next, it ultimately can lead to negativity and misplaced anger."

Now, it is as if we are being blamed for upsetting Nikki and Adi.

What about the comments made before, to explain the reason for beginning "the skit"? What about the comments made afterwards?

I am finished with this thread, and will not be shopping here, as I said earlier, unless all of the things mentioned over and over and over, by myself and by others, change.

Nikki and Adi,

I realize that I do not know either of you personally. I do not know what it is like being a host.

I have never had any issues with presentations being more "fun", as long as it isn't dragged out, and as long as the products are shown and described honestly and thoroughly.

I do thank you both for responding.

I hope that both of you, and your loved ones, enjoy this holiday season, and the upcoming new year, with love, health, and many, many blessings.

💞🌺🌟🕊🌾💦💦🦢💦💦🌾🕊🌟🌺💞
5 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Beautiful Cat.
May you and yours have a wonderful holiday
💖😇🙏🏻🌸🌈
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Catticus I agree with you, I felt as if the consumer was being blamed and didn’t take her comments as an apology. That’s not what they were saying on air and making fun of the forum and yelling hosts. As for working on the holidays to bring us joy, it’s probably certain ones turn to work. My husband has worked every holiday for years. I’m just annoyed with bad quality merchandise, certain hosts going overboard, still no refund after 10 days, items looking nothing like on tv, shipping takes forever etc. I don’t see that as an apology but a way of trying to get everyone to believe they were doing a skit to get this thread to end. I don’t think any kind of reprimand will happen and if it was one of the major shopping channels, they would be fired. I wish them both happy holidays but this has helped ruin my image I had of them. 😔
5 x

Catticus

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
Beautiful Cat.
💖😇🙏🏻🌸🌈
Spooky! 💞🥰💞

I hope you and your loved ones have a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

🍂🌿🌺🌾💦💦💦🦆💦💦💦🌾🌺🌿🍂
0 x

Catticus

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus I agree with you, I felt as if the consumer was being blamed and didn’t take her comments as an apology.

That’s not what they were saying on air and making fun of the forum and yelling hosts.

As for working on the holidays to bring us joy, it’s probably certain ones turn to work. My husband has worked every holiday for years.

I’m just annoyed with bad quality merchandise, certain hosts going overboard, still no refund after 10 days, items looking nothing like on tv, shipping takes forever etc.

I don’t see that as an apology but a way of trying to get everyone to believe they were doing a skit to get this thread to end.

I don’t think any kind of reprimand will happen and if it was one of the major shopping channels, they would be fired.

I wish them both happy holidays but this has helped ruin my image I had of them.
😔
I know, Ginger. 😔

I agree with absolutely everything in your very well said post. I feel the same way.

This whole thing, as well as how it was "handled", has shown me what SLC now values the most. And sadly, it is not their customers.

It is:
💵 💰 💵

I hope you and your loved ones have a Wonderful and Blessed Holiday Season!
💞🌸🌿🌺🕊✨🌟✨🕊🌺🌿🌸💞
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

More then them demeaning viewers, they and most of the other SLC Hosts are becoming very boring. Since July, they must have all been trained to Start with a very high price, then every couple minutes drop the price, again and again, and then the 2 minute clock starts. When that is over, the host prolong trying to sell the same item by making small talk. Then comes a second and even a third 2 minute clock. Then some hosts get angry that their game is not working and become loud and aggressive or start using hungry kids to convince us to buy. When that fails, the PRESIDENT calls. Dont they realize when they use the same game over and over with each item, it backfires. When My social web group and I know it will ALWAYS take a long time before the final price is given, We just switch to other shopping channels. Especially at night, if you want people to stay up, show alot of items and adhere to the clock. That Shows professionalism, and keeps viewers attention.
Its not my intention to criticize. I just want the Shoplc that I loved so much for years, go back to making it fun and interesting to watch !!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone👍
8 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
Beautiful Cat.
💖😇🙏🏻🌸🌈
Spooky! 💞🥰💞

I hope you and your loved ones have a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

🍂🌿🌺🌾💦💦💦🦆💦💦💦🌾🌺🌿🍂

Thank you Cat!!! 😍
1 x

N2vintage

Post by N2vintage » 4 years ago

Oh nice......

Passive aggressive hosts..to bad I missed that one!
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I still have a hard time watching Nikki after all this happened. I just turn the channel so I don’t have to see her constantly flirting and then Cheryl made the comment that she’s loud and proud and that’s just the way she is and we can turn the volume down on our tv. I didn’t find this funny, I appreciate her enthusiasm but I don’t like the yelling and the fake ness from some of these hosts. ShopLC is not fun to watch anymore and nothing like the old days. If a host did some of the things these are doing from the major shopping channels, they would be fired. They are knowledgeable and professional where a few of these could take lessons. I’m tired of suggestions going down the drain, staying on an item for over 30 minutes, expensive prices, rude hosts and poor quality merchandise lately.
10 x

Catticus

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I still have a hard time watching Nikki after all this happened. I just turn the channel so I don’t have to see her constantly flirting and then Cheryl made the comment that she’s loud and proud and that’s just the way she is and we can turn the volume down on our tv. I didn’t find this funny, I appreciate her enthusiasm but I don’t like the yelling and the fake ness from some of these hosts. ShopLC is not fun to watch anymore and nothing like the old days. If a host did some of the things these are doing from the major shopping channels, they would be fired. They are knowledgeable and professional where a few of these could take lessons. I’m tired of suggestions going down the drain, staying on an item for over 30 minutes, expensive prices, rude hosts and poor quality merchandise lately.
I feel the same way, Ginger.

It's NOT the same. And the behavior of some (NOT ALL) of the hosts has sadly completely ended it, for me.

When they say things like that ON THE AIR, it is no different than them "flipping us off."

It feels as if they're saying to us "We're 'celebrities', so we can act however we want."

Yeah. ACTING is the word, alright.

And pretty bad acting, at that.

Along with other issues you mentioned, when it now feels like you're watching a SNL skit, you KNOW it's gone down hill.

It's over.

🙄
7 x