Mocking the forum complaints

Post Reply
mpompadour
Posts: 295
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

Catticus wrote:
2 years ago
Ginger wrote:
2 years ago
I still have a hard time watching Nikki after all this happened. I just turn the channel so I don’t have to see her constantly flirting and then Cheryl made the comment that she’s loud and proud and that’s just the way she is and we can turn the volume down on our tv. I didn’t find this funny, I appreciate her enthusiasm but I don’t like the yelling and the fake ness from some of these hosts. ShopLC is not fun to watch anymore and nothing like the old days. If a host did some of the things these are doing from the major shopping channels, they would be fired. They are knowledgeable and professional where a few of these could take lessons. I’m tired of suggestions going down the drain, staying on an item for over 30 minutes, expensive prices, rude hosts and poor quality merchandise lately.
I feel the same way, Ginger.

It's NOT the same. And the behavior of some (NOT ALL) of the hosts has sadly completely ended it, for me.

When they say things like that ON THE AIR, it is no different than them "flipping us off."

It feels as if they're saying to us "We're 'celebrities', so we can act however we want."

Yeah. ACTING is the word, alright.

And pretty bad acting, at that.

Along with other issues you mentioned, when it now feels like you're watching a SNL skit, you KNOW it's gone down hill.

It's over.


🙄


Catticus, you hit the nail on the head when you said "flipping us off". Yea, like the "apology" said they are "showcasing the personalities", it's more like some of them are showing their azz. Deliberately doing things they know aggravate customers.
7 x

Spooky
Posts: 544
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Catticus wrote:
2 years ago
Ginger wrote:
2 years ago
I still have a hard time watching Nikki after all this happened. I just turn the channel so I don’t have to see her constantly flirting and then Cheryl made the comment that she’s loud and proud and that’s just the way she is and we can turn the volume down on our tv. I didn’t find this funny, I appreciate her enthusiasm but I don’t like the yelling and the fake ness from some of these hosts. ShopLC is not fun to watch anymore and nothing like the old days. If a host did some of the things these are doing from the major shopping channels, they would be fired. They are knowledgeable and professional where a few of these could take lessons. I’m tired of suggestions going down the drain, staying on an item for over 30 minutes, expensive prices, rude hosts and poor quality merchandise lately.
I feel the same way, Ginger.

It's NOT the same. And the behavior of some (NOT ALL) of the hosts has sadly completely ended it, for me.

When they say things like that ON THE AIR, it is no different than them "flipping us off."

It feels as if they're saying to us "We're 'celebrities', so we can act however we want."

Yeah. ACTING is the word, alright.

And pretty bad acting, at that.

Along with other issues you mentioned, when it now feels like you're watching a SNL skit, you KNOW it's gone down hill.

It's over.


🙄


At least with SNL it’s sometimes funny.
How was thanksgiving for you and your
family? We had a good time and ate way
too much
3 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 3993
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

Spooky wrote:
2 years ago
Catticus wrote:
2 years ago
Ginger wrote:
2 years ago
I still have a hard time watching Nikki after all this happened. I just turn the channel so I don’t have to see her constantly flirting and then Cheryl made the comment that she’s loud and proud and that’s just the way she is and we can turn the volume down on our tv. I didn’t find this funny, I appreciate her enthusiasm but I don’t like the yelling and the fake ness from some of these hosts. ShopLC is not fun to watch anymore and nothing like the old days. If a host did some of the things these are doing from the major shopping channels, they would be fired. They are knowledgeable and professional where a few of these could take lessons. I’m tired of suggestions going down the drain, staying on an item for over 30 minutes, expensive prices, rude hosts and poor quality merchandise lately.
I feel the same way, Ginger.

It's NOT the same. And the behavior of some (NOT ALL) of the hosts has sadly completely ended it, for me.

When they say things like that ON THE AIR, it is no different than them "flipping us off."

It feels as if they're saying to us "We're 'celebrities', so we can act however we want."

Yeah. ACTING is the word, alright.

And pretty bad acting, at that.

Along with other issues you mentioned, when it now feels like you're watching a SNL skit, you KNOW it's gone down hill.

It's over.


🙄


At least with SNL it’s sometimes funny.
How was thanksgiving for you and your
family? We had a good time and ate way
too much

I know what SNL is but can honestly say that I have never watched an episode (and I remember it from the Chevy Chase days) but if the way some of the hosts have been acting is an indication of what SNL is like....seems I didn't miss much :roll:
2 x

Motsey
Posts: 67
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Motsey » 2 years ago

Nicki, Cheryl and Kim all used to work at JTV. Guess they were all canned. Didn't care for them on that channel and don't care for them here. I don't mind joking around enjoy it but not at the extent that some of these host here do. I have just about quite watching
7 x

User avatar
Gemsnob
Posts: 2518
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Gemsnob » 2 years ago

We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
2 x

Catticus
Posts: 1483
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Catticus » 2 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
2 years ago
We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
@Gemsnob
I do see your point. It's certainly "different" when you're in the situation. It is very easy to say "I would never...". But life isn't like that. In reality, I might have done exactly what Nikki did.
I don't know what being a host is like. People who work together closely in a large company, often form a bond. In any department.
So, I can definitely understand getting hurt or defensive. Also getting "caught up" in certain things, too.
I've read a lot from current and former employees of SLC, and you are right. They do not have nice things to say about what it is/was like working there.
2 x

Jewelrynut
Posts: 4
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Cheryl's Shouting

Post by Jewelrynut » 2 years ago

This screaming has to end. It is not entertaining nor does it motivate me to purchase anything Cheryl is selling. I turn the network off when she's on. Surely you must be loosing money.
4 x

User avatar
Gemsnob
Posts: 2518
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Cheryl's Shouting

Post by Gemsnob » 2 years ago

Jewelrynut wrote:
2 years ago
This screaming has to end. It is not entertaining nor does it motivate me to purchase anything Cheryl is selling. I turn the network off when she's on. Surely you must be loosing money.
Me too. Im watching jewelry on HSN.
2 x

Hollie
Posts: 675
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Hollie » 2 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
2 years ago
We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
They should vent before going on air.
There's a time and place for everything.
Live on-air is Not the place nor time.
You don't pQQp where you eat.
3 x

User avatar
Gemsnob
Posts: 2518
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Mocking the forum complaints

Post by Gemsnob » 2 years ago

Hollie wrote:
2 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
2 years ago
We are on here mentioning hosts by name and then complaining about some of them. Of course the natural instinct is for anyone, professional or not, to be a bit defensive. Wouldnt you be and doesnt this thread show it? Its just human nature to have hurt feelings over critism. Lets try not to hold it against anyone. I know I am quite sensitive and I think all hosts stick up for each other. I think Nikki got caught up in the middle of something trying to stand up for co workers. If what happened to her happened to me, Id be upset because I would want to help my co worker, keep my job, care about my customers...read reviews online...glassdoor and Indeed. Former employees dont say nice things about shoplc.
They should vent before going on air.
There's a time and place for everything.
Live on-air is Not the place nor time.
You don't pQQp where you eat.
Im kind of amazed at how many people are upset at being mocked but thought Dan was hilarious for calling his co workers idiots on live tv. I just dont understand why the double standard. Either be upset at all of it or try to be understanding. I guess I will never understand human nature.
1 x

Post Reply