Gold prices

Opal1010

Gold prices

Post by Opal1010 » 4 years ago

Let's do the math ; gold 1400 an ounce , 10 k is half that because it's only 50% pure , so 700 ÷ 28 = 25 , soooo multiply 25 × 9.5 . So your making roughly 550 dollars a necklace. That's crazy!!!
3 x

Topic Tags:

Gemsnob

Re: Gold prices

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Opal1010 wrote:
4 years ago
Let's do the math ; gold 1400 an ounce , 10 k is half that because it's only 50% pure , so 700 ÷ 28 = 25 , soooo multiply 25 × 9.5 . So your making roughly 550 dollars a necklace. That's crazy!!!
Well, you have to factor in something for the manufacturing of the necklace. For them, its not a lot but still.
2 x

Gemsnob

Id rather buy 14kt than 10kt. Thats just me .
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Gem Shopping Network likes to float $100/gram for 14kt. Yeah, not happening with me.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I was watching the gold show yesterday. All was 10k. The american standard for REAL gold is 14k.
10k has about 50% other metals.
Amit was hawking a .5 gram weight chain. I hope whoever bought it doesn't try to add a pendant. High risk of the chain breaking, losing the chain and pendant. Even 1 gram is very fragile. I found that anything less then 2 Gm eventually breaks if I add a pendant
4 x

Gemsnob

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I was watching the gold show yesterday. All was 10k. The american standard for REAL gold is 14k.
Amit was hawking a .5 gram weight chain. I hope whoever bought it doesn't try to add a pendant. High risk of the chain breaking, losing the chain and pendant. Even 1 gram is very fragile. I found that anything less then 2 Gm eventually breaks if I add a pendant
I saw that too. What drives me crazy are the comparisons they put up. Sometimes its like comparing apples to oranges. Gram weight isnt the same or they have a silvertone ring under $10 but compare it to a ring in gold. They can be so unethical at times.
4 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I saw that too. What drives me crazy are the comparisons they put up. Sometimes its like comparing apples to oranges. Gram weight isnt the same or they have a silvertone ring under $10 but compare it to a ring in gold. They can be so unethical at times.
@Gemsnob Those "comps" irritate me too. Not only are they often not comparable, they also take too much time showing them when I'm trying to see what they are actually selling. The grandidierite comps they show are especially silly. They show clear stones selling for thousands, when their stones are totally opaque.
4 x

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 4 years ago

Agreed! I am looking to buy a gold bracelet for myself and was comparison shopping during their Black Friday/cyber Monday deal days and even then LC’s gold prices were way high. I had better luck on Etsy of all places
4 x

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 4 years ago

Also, mods, I wish there was a way to search for solid gold pieces only...when you put in 14k you get every single 14k over silver piece :shock:
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lauren wrote:
4 years ago
Also, mods, I wish there was a way to search for solid gold pieces only...when you put in 14k you get every single 14k over silver piece :shock:
I literally put “14k” in the search bar and get nothing but items in 14k. Rings, bracelets and pendants, chains. No overlay.
3 x