Re: Where is Natasha?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Yes, and through the years, their quota keeps going up so they are under a lot of pressure to meet it just to earn their paycheck. I think its why days have been added to their schedule and some end up switching their days because always working on Fridays cannot be the same as working a smackdown day.
They have their business model ALL WRONG!

If they had quality merchandise it would sell itself and the hosts would be there to facilitate that.

Instead, to make up for the lack of quality they rely on used car salesman tactics.

Completely wrong and a recipe for failure.
Why is it that the customers know that but those running the business do not?
Because in the long run they make more money selling LOTS of poor quality merchandise that is cheaper for them to produce. They will have a constant customer turnover. They don’t pay their artisans well so therefore they will not get good quality. They are not trained well either because the people who train them are not paid well or trained well themselves.
SLC wants the turnaround so they don’t HAVE to produce a lot of quality items. New customers don’t know any better until they have been shopping for a time.
They need to require ALL of their items be made with the same exacting detail as their Rhapsody and Iliana pieces are. The profit is not in the workmanship, well it SHOULD NOT BE, it is in the materials used.
Workmanship is key.
Jewelry is art. As an artist and designer myself I WILL NOT put out an item that I KNOW is not the absolute best I can do.
4 x

Topic Tags:

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

They have their business model ALL WRONG!

If they had quality merchandise it would sell itself and the hosts would be there to facilitate that.

Instead, to make up for the lack of quality they rely on used car salesman tactics.

Completely wrong and a recipe for failure.
Because in the long run they make more money selling LOTS of poor quality merchandise that is cheaper for them to produce. They will have a constant customer turnover. They don’t pay their artisans well so therefore they will not get good quality. They are not trained well either because the people who train them are not paid well or trained well themselves.
SLC wants the turnaround so they don’t HAVE to produce a lot of quality items. New customers don’t know any better until they have been shopping for a time.
They need to require ALL of their items be made with the same exacting detail as their Rhapsody and Iliana pieces are. The profit is not in the workmanship, well it SHOULD NOT BE, it is in the materials used.
Workmanship is key.
Jewelry is art. As an artist and designer myself I WILL NOT put out an item that I KNOW is not the absolute best I can do.
They also know that many people dont bother returning because the return label provided is $6.99. If the purchase was not much then you end up paying $10 in shipping both ways. People just gift it or toss it. I think they count on this.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Workmanship is key.
They also know that many people dont bother returning because the return label provided is $6.99. If the purchase was not much then you end up paying $10 in shipping both ways. People just gift it or toss it. I think they count on this.
Correct. However when I see poor quality merchandise that’s DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. I will return it as defective. I will not stand by and be charged for returning an item that is sub par.
It’s one thing if I just don’t like it. But if its junk and/or a mis represented item. Paying for the return is ON THEM!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Anybody heard from Wil*ey OOPS...I meant WILEY1
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Anybody heard from Wilsey1 OOPS...I meant WILEY1
Funny. Not lately. Hes, I mean, they are due to drop in.
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Anybody heard from Wil*ey1 OOPS...I meant WILEY1
😉 wondered the same , but kept it to myself 🤫
Last edited by Gypsy 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

[quote=Gypsy post_id=9324

😉 wondered the same , but kept it to myself 🤫
[/quote]

I MEANT to type it like that . Maybe delete yours and do over? Oops 😳😨

Well this isn’t working. Ugh...I will delete mine
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Scroll down below this forum section. Tell me if you see the same thing I do.

A blatant lie.

Go past the graphic of the "person" typing. Underneath is a graphic of a truck.

Then the words:

"EASY RETURN"

"Enjoy reliable shipping & free no-hassle returns."

Okay, we all know the reliable part and the no-hassle part isn't true, but I don't expect them to put: "Unreliabe shipping" and "a lot of hassle" returns.

See how fair I am? Try it, SLC! And don't worry, you can be transparent AND WEALTHY at the same time! Glory be! Who knew?!?

It's the word FREE that really makes me angry.

Suuuuuuure it is. If it's "defective."

Then there will be a hassle if something isn't at all like it was shown on the air. Broken is one thing, but what about bad workmanship?

And what about people buying something under the impression of what they were told and NOT told, on air? Fissure filled stones, bleached, polymer filled and dyed "jade", and on and on.

When they misrepresent items, when the buyer finds out, it could be years later!

Last year they really hyped on and on about their Burmese Jade. One host in particular. 😡

And all these people are buying plastic bangles, earrings, necklaces, pendants, rings, AND AT EXORBITANT PRICES! For plastic!

The same with gemstones and other jewelry items. 😡

It is illegal to "pretend" it is not treated. And there are LOTS of ways to "pretend."

Using words and phrases such as: "It's natural!"..."...and it's REAL!"..."You're getting TRUE (insert gem etc. here)".
😡

"FTC DISCLOSURE GUIDELINES

In 2001 the Federal Trade Commission strengthened its rules on disclosure of gem treatments.

In addition to the clause 'It is unfair and deceptive to fail to disclose that a gemstone has been treated if the treatment is not permanent...or the treatment requires special care requirements.'

In April 2001 they added 'if the treatment has a significant effect on the stones value.'"

This was sparked by the Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) and was supported by 15 other industry organizations.

Polymer impregnated ('B' jade) and/or dyed ('C' or 'D' jade) jadeite jade clearly falls into all three of these categories.

The value of polymer impregnated jadeite jade ('B' jade) is considered to be approximately 1/20 (5%) the value of its natural counterpoint.

Dyed jadeite jade ('C' or 'D' jade) is worth almost nothing regardless of its appearance.

Both have been proven to be unstable and not permanent, requiring special care instructions.

While natural jadeite jade is frequently cleaned after polishing with acetone, cleaning 'B' jade in this manner could permanently damage the stone.

Additionally, 'B' jade is quite fragile as the impregnation process compromises the strong crystalline structure of natural jadeite jade."

I could go on and on and on, but I need to keep my blood pressure lower. 😡
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I have actually brought up that SAME FREE SHIPPING ICON to CS before and if I could have seen the agents’ face it would have been like a deer in the headlights 😳

It lures people in, doesnt it. But nobody has been holding them accountable for what they advertise vs what they actually put into practice.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS,

I know. It just really, REALLY burns me up! 😠 😡 😠

Ugh!
1 x