Royston Turquoise!!

Gemsnob

Re: Royston Turquoise!!

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I think the Royston is prettier but its a personal preference.
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
So am I understanding..... Mojave turquoise is man made. Royston is natural, but looks like Mojave with the matrix?
Mojave is composite. It pieces that are compressed with matrix. So basically they take scrap to make it. Royston is mined natural material. Have no idea if its stabelized as that isnt a bad thing to me. If youve seen the shungite statures, they take scrap or even powder and compress it into a block then carve it. Its possible they have forms and compress it into the statue shapes.
Thanks for info...
2 x

Gemsnob

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
So am I understanding..... Mojave turquoise is man made. Royston is natural, but looks like Mojave with the matrix?
Mojave is composite. It pieces that are compressed with matrix. So basically they take scrap to make it. Royston is mined natural material. Have no idea if its stabelized as that isnt a bad thing to me. If youve seen the shungite statures, they take scrap or even powder and compress it into a block then carve it. Its possible they have forms and compress it into the statue shapes.
Thanks for info...
No problem. Happy to help!
2 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

The Shungite statues are made of reconstituted Shungite. They are not made from composite material like you see with Mojave turquoise. I like to call Mojave turq the 'chicken nugget' turquoise...pressed and formed bits n' pieces of real stuff shaped into what looks like a big piece of whatever.
2 x

Gemsnob

silleemee wrote:
4 years ago
The Shungite statues are made of reconstituted Shungite. They are not made from composite material like you see with Mojave turquoise. I like to call Mojave turq the 'chicken nugget' turquoise...pressed and formed bits n' pieces of real stuff shaped into what looks like a big piece of whatever.
My bad. You are right. I went back and read the statue description. Thanks for pointing that out!
2 x

Gemsnob

silleemee wrote:
4 years ago
The description of a shungite statue on RA says its "composite". There are no details underneath. Not sure what to think now. Maybe it depends on who is putting the description into the computer.
2 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

Maybe the Shungite statues are made with both composite and recon. Hard to say really...it's the LC! LOL!
2 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

I watched most of the Royston turquoise show. Not my taste in turquoise. Too much brown matrix and not enough turquoise color.
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

The representative from the royston mine said on air today that this turquoise is all natural and NOT stabilized
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

• Then I would consider buying pieces with this turquoise.
1 x