Re: Who's Buying Anthill Garnet?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Very interesting. I will keep my eyes open. Ill have to get my eyes examined. Lol Need new glasses. Ugh
I loupe all my pieces. Although with that ring I noticed something was off as soon as I opened it. When I louped it I could tell what the issue was.
UGH sounds like the rhodium plating got on the diamonds because someone was careless. They use this to fill in the spaces in between the diamonds to make it look like there is more.
It’s actually around the outside of a baguette.
To me, it looks like they intentionally used a broken diamond and then tried to cover it up.
I am almost positive that’s what it is.
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I missed the show. I would like to have more pieces of Anthill garnet. I own a ring that I bought couple of years ago, but the gems doesn't show up the intense red color characteristic of this gem. And love that the miners are the little ants!
7 x

Margui

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
About twenty years ago, I bought a ring with anthill garnets from HSN. The stones were about 2 1/2 mm and were closer to a Christmas red. Around 3 years ago, I bought one from SLC with the same size stones and they were much darker and didn't look any different than regular pyrope so returned it.

I hope all you lovely ladies are thrilled with these pieces.

On a lighter note: JTV has a loose Anthill Garnet that weighs a whopping 9.05 ct and measures 14 x 10.83mm. I'd hate to meet the ant that pushed that mother out of the tunnel. He deserves that $14,940 JTV is asking.
Yes. That little ant deserves credit and a check from JTV. 😊 I bought recently Anthill garnet earrings, item number 3536044, I hope it's beautiful and with great color.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

Not one thing. I have so many garnet pieces that look like what they're showing. I thought Anthill would look way different, but it looks like a lot of the colors I own in my collection. Maybe the TV isn't showing it accurately, but I don't feel compelled at the moment. Rhodolite garnet is so distinguishable from the commonly accepted color of garnet, so that's why I justified buying a lot of pieces in that. Montana Sapphire stands out to me because the color is different than other sapphires. The teal color is more obvious to me, so I can justify buying something from that collection. That's just me personally tough! There are pretty pieces they're showing, but haven't bought any. Waiting for Charoite now! It's after this!
I absolutely agree with you! I just LOVE the thought of the ants mining them so it touched my heart so I wanted to have some! LOL. Little ants purshing the garnet out is too sweet! Plus the garnet kinda looks like little ants! Oh brother. I should slap myself. I look forward to seeing Charoite too!
You and I have a lot of similarities. It cracks me up! That was the exact reason I was excited about the Ant Hill garnets! You know how I reconciled the fact that I didn't buy anything from the collection? I remembered what it feels like to be bit by one of those jerks! :lol: :lol: :lol: Fire ants is such an appropriate name. I had my foot soaked in baking soda bath for an hour! So yeah, I appreciate those little ants are giving back to the community, but I just can;t forget the attack they made on my feet and my doggy's poor little paws! Hmm..that was therapeutic. I feel better now not buying! :lol: :lol:
I have to agree with you. Those fire ants are nasty little critters. I had never heard of them till I moved to Texas. One day stupid ole me decided to mow my back yard, wearing nothing but flip flops. You guessed it. I rolled over a fire ant hill or 6. They took revenge. With every subsequent pass I made, more and more fire ants gathered around my feet and crawled up my ankles and commenced to biting / stinging or whatever it is they do. By the time hubs got home from work, I was crying and had my feet soaking in a bath of Epsom salts. 35 years later, I still carry some little scars between my toes from those little :twisted: . You can bet your bottom dollar.... every time after that, when I mowed the lawn I wore my combat boots. Yes, I was declaring WAR. :lol:
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Not sure what is happening with the forum but I couldn't post for several minutes and then it posted funny! :/

Again, thank you, RS! I grabbed the last one in my size! I'm very excited to get it!
Don'tcha just love it when you snatched the last one in your size? There is just something about looking up at the TV and seeing your size flash gone just after you placed your order. :D
3 x

Margui

Unfortunately, the Anthill garnets cluster earrings item #3536044 that I ordered Jan. 24 were cancelled due to be defective according to them, I was really upset. However, I gave Shop LC another chance and bought the Anthill garnet Circle pendant item# 3536050 today Jan.31. I hope it's pretty with gorgeous garnets.
3 x

Tiarose

Post by Tiarose » 4 years ago

I hope the little ants quickly realize they will be overworked and under paid soon and form a union and get the queen ant to build a wall around the mine. Lol sorry
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
I hope the little ants quickly realize they will be overworked and under paid soon and form a union and get the queen ant to build a wall around the mine. Lol sorry
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
THAT WAS FUNNY ❗❗❗🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
2 x

Margui

4 years ago
Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
So funny! :lol:
A revolt against Her Majesty Queen Ant II. Yep. Build that wall now! :mrgreen:
1 x