The Under Gallery Of SLC Rings

GEMLOVER60

The Under Gallery Of SLC Rings

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

I have been reading a lot of post about SLC jewelry compared to the other shopping networks. One thing no one has pointed out is, the fact that SLC does a fully finished under gallery on nearly all of their rings, even the cheaper ones, the backs of their pendants are fully finished, this is not the case with the other shopping networks. I paid about $80 bucks for a ring from the J and the under gallery was not finished! My fault, I usually make sure that my rings are fully finished, it makes wearing it more comfortable. I have paid less that $20 bucks(with coupon) for a ring from SLC and the under gallery was fully finished, same with a pendant. The J leaves a lot of their items not finished. So, thank you SLC, great job! :D
8 x

Gypsy

Re: The Under Gallery Of SLC Rings

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

The finished undergalleries are designed beautifully and are appreciated.
However it would be even better if the gemstones didnt fall out of the jewelry.....
I've had it happen when simply selecting a ring from my jewelry box.

IMO - One of the main issues with SLC is their lack of QUALITY CONTROL
Another would be the lack of clear, concise and customer friendly policies concerning returns
& Rollercoaster pricing & discount codes

-Gypsy
10 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
I have been reading a lot of post about SLC jewelry compared to the other shopping networks. One thing no one has pointed out is, the fact that SLC does a fully finished under gallery on nearly all of their rings, even the cheaper ones, the backs of their pendants are fully finished, this is not the case with the other shopping networks. I paid about $80 bucks for a ring from the J and the under gallery was not finished! My fault, I usually make sure that my rings are fully finished, it makes wearing it more comfortable. I have paid less that $20 bucks(with coupon) for a ring from SLC and the under gallery was fully finished, same with a pendant. The J leaves a lot of their items not finished. So, thank you SLC, great job! :D
I’ve mentioned it before and I also greatly appreciate the finished under galleries and backs of pendants. That’s the reason I don’t shop from JTV....nothing is ever finished from them and it makes everything look and feel cheap even though their prices are not low! I’m with you! Great job ShopLC!
7 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

absolytely.... I very seldom purchase unless there is an undergallery or smooth fit. Those little ridges that are on unfinished rings aggravate and sometimes even cut my fingers. :o
6 x

GEMLOVER60

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
However it would be even better if the gemstones didnt fall out of the jewelry.....

Another would be the lack of clear, concise and customer friendly policies concerning returns

-Gypsy
I understand what you are saying but I have had stones fall out also from all the shopping networks at all price points. I think all the networks has problems with quality, shipping, CS, discount codes, etc. It happens! Part of doing business.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

-Gypsy
I understand what you are saying but I have had stones fall out also from all the shopping networks at all price points. I think all the networks has problems with quality, shipping, CS, discount codes, etc. It happens! Part of doing business.
@GEMLOVER60
I'm at a disadvantage with the other shopping channels as SLC is the only online shopping that I do so I have nothing to really compare with -Gypsy
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have purchased many rings from the J and most have a finished under gallery, not all but most of what I purchased. I guess I am the one who is different, I do not like when the under gallery is over the top finished it makes it to hard to clean the under side of the gem even with a tooth brush. I got one in the other day and it is going back to shop lc because of it, I could not get under it and I hate when rings get dirty and cloudy so if it is finished so much that I can not clean it well I do not like it.
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Artisan crafted rings, for the most part , don’t have a finished under gallery. I’ve returned almost all I bought.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@Gem Lover

@GEMLOVER60

You both have valid points.

I have been aggravated trying to clean rings with under galleries & I like a finished under gallery for the comfort & fit!💞
4 x

GEMLOVER60

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Gem Lover

@GEMLOVER60

You both have valid points.

I have been aggravated trying to clean rings with under galleries & I like a finished under gallery for the comfort & fit!💞
I don't have any problems cleaning mine. Most of the time, I try not to let them get too dirty in the first place, that way they clean up very nicely for me. I use a small paint brush and I use that with mild soap or toothpaste(certain gems) also I have that natural spray the J sales. It's easy and it works good for me. I don't know unfinished galleries and backs of jewelry just make the piece look cheap to me.
1 x