What-a-gem

Re: Opinion on 10K YG?

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Oh wow Jewls, that was a super deal gf.
1 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

I have only watched/viewed ShopLC for a short time, but am a jewelry lover! I really like 10K gold (and 14K!). Depending on what the additional metals the manufacturer mixes it with I find sometimes the 10K yellow or white gold can be quite beautiful! It’s sturdy, but of course not worth what 14K is worth. But for me, I would much rather have 10K gold jewelry than any 14K or 18K PLATED jewelry over sterling silver. I just don’t like or want plates jewelry at this point in my life. I know gold is really expensive, but at least you have an inherent value to gold that just isn’t there with plated—all other factors being equal. So I save up and shop around a lot and buy the item in gold—10K, 14K, or 18K— depending upon what is available.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
I'm curious about how everyone feels about the 10K YG that has been showing up recently.
My only experience was with my high school class ring, and it turned my finger green. So it is a big no for me.
How do you feel about 10K?
Thanks,
Bluez
I have a few pieces of jewlery in 10k
Have never had any problems with any "greening " and it wears really well, very durable. Doesn't bother me to save alittle money by going with 10k as opposed to 14k or.higher
2 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

I agree, I have never had my fingers, my wrists, or my ear lobes turn green when I wore 10K gold. Maybe you had nickel in the 10K back then—many manufacturers don’t use nickel anymore because they know a lot of people have problems with nickel. Check out the 10K gold, I think you will be happy!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I have pieces in 10K Gold and am VERY happy with them!

One is my father's High School ring which is a combination of 10K Gold and Sterling Silver. It's very "Art Deco" and still has that glimmer, glowing look. And it's from the mid 1940's!

He wouldn't be able to get it over his knuckles now, and I wear a tight band ring (that I would have to break to get off) in front of it, so his won't fall off. It sometimes slightly does that slide side to side thing, depending upon the weather. I put it on my finger with the biggest knuckle. No, not my thumb! 😂
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
I haven’t noticed a lot of 10k gold being shown, but I wonder if they say their gold is nickel free?
That would be a plus.
We guarantee that all of our sterling silver is nickel free, for gold it would be only if the description states it is nickel free. However we are gathering some more information regarding the gold that we use and as soon as we have a response back we'll post the information here!
1 x