Polki Diamond Ring

JewelryQueen

Re: Polki Diamond Ring

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Overall it is my opinion that SLC diamonds, even their "premium" diamonds are sub par. One exception was a blue diamond ring I bought for sissy. I am an April baby so I am pretty picky To me the "sparkle" is what diamonds are all about since I, like a raven, am attracted to all things sparkly. To me there are too many inclusions in these guys diamonds. Green and red are the only two colors I do not own and I have to say the green ones intrigue me. Hmmmmmm....
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered the Doorbuster Artisan Crafted Polki Diamond Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (3517191) 2.00 ctw and was not impressed with the ring at all. The ring arrived bent and the diamonds looked dirty...it was also really thin and fragile. I returned the ring and was surprised at the overall quality of the Polki diamonds. Anyone else order and like their Polki diamonds?
That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

Guess I'll be skipping this one.
I'm wondering if any forum members have purchased any Green Diamonds from SLC ?
That's on my list too. Should I bother?
Hollie when I ordered that ring it was the only one left in my size and when it shipped it was not even in a blue box. I am thinking this was a return that someone just put into a box and sent back out to another customer. It could have been damaged during shipping due to how it was packed. I am a size 8 and you may just get a better ring if you wear another size. It was on sale for $99 without a discount but may have one now.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Hollie, I have one green diamond cluster ring purchased from LC and it sparkled out of the box. However, all other rings since were hit and misses especially the ones that were baguettes and round diamonds. They were so small that you could hardly see them or the stones were chipped/cracked when they were set into the ring. Don't let my experience change your mind like I said earlier you may order and receive a really nice ring that is without issues.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Probably dangerously close to harping on this, and it is only my opinion, but any gem rough cut or close to rough cut has another name and that name is scrap crap. They are of such poor quality that no one would take the time, effort or expense to facet them-- and it wouldn't help anyhow.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Probably dangerously close to harping on this, and it is only my opinion, but any gem rough cut or close to rough cut has another name and that name is scrap crap. They are of such poor quality that no one would take the time, effort or expense to facet them-- and it wouldn't help anyhow.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. A "designer", and everyone wants to be one or says they are one, took something usually thrown into the scrap pile and said "hmmm...how can I profit off of something usually sent to industry?" Ta da! Polki diamonds! Although centuries past, they didnt know how to facet gems like they do know, they still had "old mine cut", "European cut" and "rose cut" diamonds. Also, I can guarantee that people with money in India used high quality diamonds in their Polkis. Now its just an excuse to see less quality.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Also, since its a larger slice of diamond, they need to use more metal to set it but to save money it sounds like they are skimping.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Also, since its a larger slice of diamond, they need to use more metal to set it but to save money it sounds like they are skimping.
I've never ordered any polki diamomds, but had thought about it until...few weeks ago I started a thread about them & someone (sorry don't remember who) said pretty much the same. Even though I think they're pretty I decided against them.

This is just another example of just how great this forum is!
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I ordered a polki diamond ring and a pair of earrings and sent them both back, most of the stones were yellow and brown, I have seen good quality ones and they are clear, not all cracked and discolored looking and again shop lc also puts up comps of those high quality polki diamonds just like they do with their regular ones, they are not the same quality!
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I also sent back some polki diamond items a few months ago. On air they looked great. I received dirty ones. Looked like glass. I noticed that even with Diamonds, they show the diamonds in the artificial Lightbox which not only enlarges them 25%, but makes them look white. They hardly show them on the host, because it will show its not WHITE. I feel bad for newbies who are buying this week, because they think they are getting what shows in the lightbox. When they receive the items that are nothing like what they saw on tv, they are unable to RETURN them. Thats about the only way that shoplc will make money, because most of all those high end items they sold since mid October is being returned after they were worn for holiday parties, etc.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered the Doorbuster Artisan Crafted Polki Diamond Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (3517191) 2.00 ctw and was not impressed with the ring at all. The ring arrived bent and the diamonds looked dirty...it was also really thin and fragile. I returned the ring and was surprised at the overall quality of the Polki diamonds. Anyone else order and like their Polki diamonds?
That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

Guess I'll be skipping this one.
I'm wondering if any forum members have purchased any Green Diamonds from SLC ?
That's on my list too. Should I bother?
I bought a .25 ct green diamond ring right before Christmas last year. Its my first green diamond purchase. They had really caught my eye. Im quite happy with it and I wear it often. I was surprised that I liked the color as much as I did but it goes with a lot of things I wear. I would definitely consider buying more green diamonds.
I'm glad to hear they're up to your standards gemsnob. I love my greens.
>>> crosses of polki. >>>>keeps green diamond on list.
After things calm down in Austin.
2 x