Re: Polki Diamond Ring

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

Guess I'll be skipping this one.
I'm wondering if any forum members have purchased any Green Diamonds from SLC ?
That's on my list too. Should I bother?
I bought a .25 ct green diamond ring right before Christmas last year. Its my first green diamond purchase. They had really caught my eye. Im quite happy with it and I wear it often. I was surprised that I liked the color as much as I did but it goes with a lot of things I wear. I would definitely consider buying more green diamonds.
I'm glad to hear they're up to your standards gemsnob. I love my greens.
>>> crosses of polki. >>>>keeps green diamond on list.
After things calm down in Austin.
Thats funny! I think I just have gotten to a point where 1) I wont but jewelry or gems just because its a good deal 2) Ive learned to ignore hosts when it comes to their sales tactics. Although I hear them and they can annoy me, I do my own research because they are human and cant keep up with everything.
Ive definitely bought things that have been disappointing. Theres always something to learn. Thats what I love about gems and jewelry!
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie, I have one green diamond cluster ring purchased from LC and it sparkled out of the box. However, all other rings since were hit and misses especially the ones that were baguettes and round diamonds. They were so small that you could hardly see them or the stones were chipped/cracked when they were set into the ring. Don't let my experience change your mind like I said earlier you may order and receive a really nice ring that is without issues.
Well, that was my other concern Lisa. The size looked like once it got home, I'd be seeing specks of diamonds.
It's always so hard to tell because they won't willingly show it on the hand without magnifying it.
I'm looking to make a thoughtful purpose because I don't really need it.
But I'll tell you this. I'm definitely the most bejeweled girl here off grid. 😂😂😂😂
2 x

Hollie

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie, I have one green diamond cluster ring purchased from LC and it sparkled out of the box. However, all other rings since were hit and misses especially the ones that were baguettes and round diamonds. They were so small that you could hardly see them or the stones were chipped/cracked when they were set into the ring. Don't let my experience change your mind like I said earlier you may order and receive a really nice ring that is without issues.
Well, that was my other concern Lisa. The size looked like once it got home, I'd be seeing specks of diamonds.
It's always so hard to tell because they won't willingly show it on the hand without magnifying it.
I'm looking to make a thoughtful purpose because I don't really need it.
But I'll tell you this. I'm definitely the most bejeweled girl here off grid. 😂😂😂😂
Thoughtful PURCHASE not purpose.
Autocorrect hates me. Lol
1 x

Hollie

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I bought a .25 ct green diamond ring right before Christmas last year. Its my first green diamond purchase. They had really caught my eye. Im quite happy with it and I wear it often. I was surprised that I liked the color as much as I did but it goes with a lot of things I wear. I would definitely consider buying more green diamonds.
Thats funny! I think I just have gotten to a point where 1) I wont but jewelry or gems just because its a good deal 2) Ive learned to ignore hosts when it comes to their sales tactics. Although I hear them and they can annoy me, I do my own research because they are human and cant keep up with everything.
Ive definitely bought things that have been disappointing. Theres always something to learn. Thats what I love about gems and jewelry!
I wasn't being snarky there. I just read your posts and I know you've been buying for a long time and you know your stuff.
Trust me. I watched as the slc slide started and finally went THUD months later. I had no idea the change that was happening there behind the scenes but it was painfully obvious something was going down. And that it wasn't good.
I've weaned myself but I'm pretty bummed that I missed the hee hawing. 😂😂😂
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

I wasn't being snarky there. I just read your posts and I know you've been buying for a long time and you know your stuff.
Trust me. I watched as the slc slide started and finally went THUD months later. I had no idea the change that was happening there behind the scenes but it was painfully obvious something was going down. And that it wasn't good.
I didnt take you as being snarky. Im sorry if I came across as rude. I didnt mean it that way.
I wonder if Cheryl was in rare form because she was by herself that day and had no one to resteain her. It was bizarre!
0 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I didnt take you as being snarky. Im sorry if I came across as rude. I didnt mean it that way.
I wonder if Cheryl was in rare form because she was by herself that day and had no one to resteain her. It was bizarre!
I only saw the last few minutes of that solo show, it was bizarre! Wonder if she hee hawed her entire segment?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

Guess I'll be skipping this one.
I'm wondering if any forum members have purchased any Green Diamonds from SLC ?
That's on my list too. Should I bother?
When do you think that will be? When they go tango uniform?
1 x