stones falling out

sassygirl

stones falling out

Post by sassygirl » 4 years ago

I have purchased over 30k worth of jewelry in 2+ years and do not always wear things when I get them.I have so many rings especially that the first time I wear them a stone falls out.I dont buy cheap things and cant return them because like I said sometimes its months before I wear it.I feel bad for people that resell,I would be put out of business if I did that.I buy for myself and some gifts and I dont anymore because Ive had 3 friends call me after wearing something and the stone fell out of the bracelet or necklace broke.I am so embarrassed.When I call customer service they have never tried to make it right or even offer a coupon or credit to keep me shopping.What do I do with at least 20 rings with stones missing and when I do wear them and I show someone it and a stone is missing it makes it look cheap.Ive gotten countless things that were cracked or defective right out the box.Im so dissapointed with Shoplc that Ive started paying more at other sites just to not have this problem.They dont offer a jewel safe program which we shouldnt have to pay for and if we did,Id pay $5 tops. :oops: :oops:
7 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: stones falling out

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, and we are truly sorry to hear about the multitude of issues you are experiencing with your jewelry. We have reached out to you privately to get some more information from you so that we can review your account and assist you.
0 x

Stevie

Post by Stevie » 4 years ago

Sassygirl-This scares me I have literally 100+ little blue boxes waiting to be wrapped for presents. Ugh I really don't want to go through each of them to check the settings but thank you for posting so at least I am aware.
1 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I cringe when I see a cluster ring I want. Im.afraid to buy it. A ring I bought .months ago, and didnt wear right away lost the stone within a hour. Now it just sits like other rings. Only because I dont want to throw them away most rings from evine give you a year warranty . And not all of them are expensive
3 x

writecheck

Post by writecheck » 4 years ago

I too purchase a lot of jewelry from Shop LC. Although I'm happy with most, I do have several rings that the stones have fallen out. I've been tempted to put them all together and send them to the president of the company. They are useless to me now anyway. Most of mine are purchased on RA , so it's not worth sending back. I got a bracelet a few weeks ago that was broken. I spent hours working on it, and I was finally able to fix it. However, I shouldn't have to fix a new bracelet. They definitely need to work on quality control. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for some type of jewel safe program. Even though most of my jewelry is the inexpensive variety, the stones should not fall out this easily! I've started buying mostly plain silver rings for this reason.
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

I too am tired of trying to fix jewelry!!! It’s not my job!!!!!! You can sell your silver although not gonna get your money back. I’ve a lot of nice pieces, but here lately... Out of the last 7 rings there’s One I’m keeping. Due to pale stones that were NOT SHOWN THAT WAY ON SHOW, bad prongs, and using less material so setting is flimsy. It’s high time I quit collecting. And yes It’s embarrassing as all get up to give a gift that falls apart as we try to buy gifts ahead of time.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

writecheck wrote:
4 years ago
Most of mine are purchased on RA , so it's not worth sending back.
Items from the Online Auctions that are received damaged or defective can certainly be returned to Shop LC, at no additional cost, by using the prepaid return label attached to the invoice. We don't want any of our customers to feel that they are stuck with a damaged/defective item that they won on the Online Auctions.
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

DONE ABSOLUTELY DONE. You get a bad Item and there’s a REPLACEMENT IN STOCK( where ever) YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY TO KEEP YOUR LONG TIME CUSTOMERS HAPPY & SPENDING &$$$$$$$$$$$ PERIOD.
Yes I ALREADY CALLED!!!! Can’t help me so..... ( those dots are a nice way of me telling LC where they can go). The WAY YOUR DOING THINGS NO ITS TIME TO GO ANYWAY & ELSEWHERE. Thanks for taking all my money and treating me like I’m a number.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
DONE ABSOLUTELY DONE. You get a bad Item and there’s a REPLACEMENT IN STOCK( where ever) YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY TO KEEP YOUR LONG TIME CUSTOMERS HAPPY & SPENDING &$$$$$$$$$$$ PERIOD.
Yes I ALREADY CALLED!!!! Can’t help me so..... ( those dots are a nice way of me telling LC where they can go). The WAY YOUR DOING THINGS NO ITS TIME TO GO ANYWAY & ELSEWHERE. Thanks for taking all my money and treating me like I’m a number.
We are truly sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, once an item is listed on our Online Auctions, we are not able to pull the item off of the auction and hold it to replace a defective item once it is returned. As we operate on a first come, first sold basis, we are not able to place holds on items. We will have someone contact you directly to assist you further.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

We'd be returning literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of rings! And that is JUST the rings! Not the necklaces, pendants, bracelets... :!: :?: :!:

And, there is no way you would have most of the returned items in stock. Too much time has passed. It's also a lot of work to fill out the paperwork and seal up the envelopes or boxes.

It isn't always about the money, though of course nobody wants to pay for items that break so easily.

What we ALL want is TRULY SIMPLE! Other jewelry stores manage to do it on a consistent basis:

WE JUST WANT QUALITY ITEMS!

Many of us have spent A LOT of money here.

YOU HAVE LONGTIME CUSTOMERS WHO ARE LEAVING. And these customers ARE going to be telling everyone they know NOT TO PURCHASE FROM SLC.

THIS SHOULD MATTER TO THE OWNERS.

Sigh. have the feeling this forum will be taken down soon.
5 x