Jewelry Appraisal

Bigred45013

Jewelry Appraisal

Post by Bigred45013 » 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten their SLC jewelry appraised? If so, I'm curious if they were appraised at a value higher than purchase price and/or SLC's estimated retail value? I generally purchase most items in the auction and don't spend a whole lot of money but recently been considering some higher end purchases. Just hoping for some feedback from others as to appraisal values before I commit.
Thanks in advance.
2 x

Bigred45013

Re: Jewelry Appraisal

Post by Bigred45013 » 4 years ago

No one?
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I am VERY interested in hearing about this, also. I would take many of my items to be appraised, but where I am located (for now) there is no jeweler I know (and trust). There definitely is in my hometown, but it's too far. I intend to see him when I return, though. :!:

Please share your experiences with appraisals! :)
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I had an experience with an amethyst and the aquamarines that I bought when ShopLC was known as the Liquidation Channel. The amethyst cost me around $28 or $30 dollars, and the aquamarines cost me each one $ 24. Their appraisal cost was $280 for the amethyst and $1,250 for the aquamarines. Now both gems are set in 18kt yellow gold (pendant) for the amethyst and 18kt white gold (earrings) for the aquamarines. Both have great clarity and brilliance.
3 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

Well, I bought one of the necklaces that they has an "Estimated Retail Value" of 14,999.99 and just received it. It's going to an insurance appraiser tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what the exact numbers are when I see them. I buy and sell a variety of items, some that are in the $1 auction area that sell to costumers and high school-ers trying to impress a girl or boy. (mission usually accomplished!!) Some items are much higher value and the customers are widely varied. This item already has an interested buyer so we'll see what the appraiser says... I'll post an update as soon as I see it. (I'll try to attach the appraisal and the ad also.)
7 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

MilfordsMrFixIt wrote:
4 years ago
Well, I bought one of the necklaces that they has an "Estimated Retail Value" of 14,999.99 and just received it. It's going to an insurance appraiser tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what the exact numbers are when I see them. I buy and sell a variety of items, some that are in the $1 auction area that sell to costumers and high school-ers trying to impress a girl or boy. (mission usually accomplished!!) Some items are much higher value and the customers are widely varied. This item already has an interested buyer so we'll see what the appraiser says... I'll post an update as soon as I see it. (I'll try to attach the appraisal and the ad also.)
Let us, know. I hope you have a nice experience.
2 x