Using a mm measurement rather than inches measurement

CC

Using a mm measurement rather than inches measurement

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I am not happy that shoplc has gone from using a ruler inch type measurement to a mm measurement on items. It was easier to judge the length and width of an item when put inside a ruler type measurement. Is it just me or do other shoppers have this problem.
6 x

RS

Re: Using a mm measurement rather than inches measurement

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I always have a ruler handy, one with both measurements on it. Although by now, when they say the mm size of the stone I know what size it is. Stones are generally measured in (actual size not carat weight) in mm.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
I am not happy that shoplc has gone from using a ruler inch type measurement to a mm measurement on items. It was easier to judge the length and width of an item when put inside a ruler type measurement. Is it just me or do other shoppers have this problem.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will certainly let the Voice of the Customer team know that you would like to see inch measurements over the millimeter measurements that are provided. That way it will be addressed with the teams responsible. Thank you again for your feedback and being a part of the Shop LC family!
3 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Thanks moderator for passing this on to your team. I don't always have a ruler handy much less one with mm.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

So many times, hosts fail to measure rings or give a full tour. When on-line rings are often measured in mm...come on SLC, we do live in America! Thanks SLC for providing a place to vent our dislikes as the feedback option no longer seems to be available: -)
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
They did that with a Small slice of shungite yesterday.
It looked tiny in Stacys little hand so I just passed on it.
I'm not going to guess on it. Not my job.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
So many times, hosts fail to measure rings or give a full tour. When on-line rings are often measured in mm...come on SLC, we do live in America! Thanks SLC for providing a place to vent our dislikes as the feedback option no longer seems to be available: -)
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your message. If you would a host to provide a specific measurement or show the ring off in a certain way, we recommend contacting them at live@shoplc.com. This is the best way to voice if you would like something done during the show, or provide feedback to the host directly Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x

Kharailee

Post by Kharailee » 4 years ago

I noticed they do measurements in mm, when the item/stone is tiny.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gemstones are measured in millimeters as this is the international standard for gemstones. However we do thank you for your feedback regarding the measurement of pieces as a whole to be shown in inches instead of millimeters.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I don't understand why the USA has to use the English system instead of the universal metric system. When I came here I had to adapt myself to that. Using Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. Inches instead of centimeters.
1 x