Who's Buying Anthill Garnet?

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Who's Buying Anthill Garnet?

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Has anyone bought Anthill Garnet today? I bought the ring and necklace set and earrings. I missed most of the show so I know I missed out. I don't know much about this garnet but it looks beautiful!
4 x

RS

Re: Who's Buying Anthill Garnet?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ve purchased one ring, so far...
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Oh cool! Are you shopping for more? Which ring did you get? Yes, I'm nosey! LOL. Feel free to ignore my questions!
4 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Has anyone bought Anthill Garnet today? I bought the ring and necklace set and earrings. I missed most of the show so I know I missed out. I don't know much about this garnet but it looks beautiful!
Not one thing. I have so many garnet pieces that look like what they're showing. I thought Anthill would look way different, but it looks like a lot of the colors I own in my collection. Maybe the TV isn't showing it accurately, but I don't feel compelled at the moment. Rhodolite garnet is so distinguishable from the commonly accepted color of garnet, so that's why I justified buying a lot of pieces in that. Montana Sapphire stands out to me because the color is different than other sapphires. The teal color is more obvious to me, so I can justify buying something from that collection. That's just me personally tough! There are pretty pieces they're showing, but haven't bought any. Waiting for Charoite now! It's after this!
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Not one thing. I have so many garnet pieces that look like what they're showing. I thought Anthill would look way different, but it looks like a lot of the colors I own in my collection. Maybe the TV isn't showing it accurately, but I don't feel compelled at the moment. Rhodolite garnet is so distinguishable from the commonly accepted color of garnet, so that's why I justified buying a lot of pieces in that. Montana Sapphire stands out to me because the color is different than other sapphires. The teal color is more obvious to me, so I can justify buying something from that collection. That's just me personally tough! There are pretty pieces they're showing, but haven't bought any. Waiting for Charoite now! It's after this!
I absolutely agree with you! I just LOVE the thought of the ants mining them so it touched my heart so I wanted to have some! LOL. Little ants purshing the garnet out is too sweet! Plus the garnet kinda looks like little ants! Oh brother. I should slap myself. I look forward to seeing Charoite too!
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Oh cool! Are you shopping for more? Which ring did you get? Yes, I'm nosey! LOL. Feel free to ignore my questions!
I am shopping for more. I too have a lot of different garnets in different colors. I also plan on shopping during the Rhodolite garnet show later this week. In that I have a LOT so it has to be different.

I got this ring so far... 3536035

Not a size 5 though, but that is all that is left.

Looks much prettier than what the photo shows.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh and I will also be buying Montana Sapphire too!
4 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
I absolutely agree with you! I just LOVE the thought of the ants mining them so it touched my heart so I wanted to have some! LOL. Little ants purshing the garnet out is too sweet! Plus the garnet kinda looks like little ants! Oh brother. I should slap myself. I look forward to seeing Charoite too!
You and I have a lot of similarities. It cracks me up! That was the exact reason I was excited about the Ant Hill garnets! You know how I reconciled the fact that I didn't buy anything from the collection? I remembered what it feels like to be bit by one of those jerks! :lol: :lol: :lol: Fire ants is such an appropriate name. I had my foot soaked in baking soda bath for an hour! So yeah, I appreciate those little ants are giving back to the community, but I just can;t forget the attack they made on my feet and my doggy's poor little paws! Hmm..that was therapeutic. I feel better now not buying! :lol: :lol:
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
I am shopping for more. I too have a lot of different garnets in different colors. I also plan on shopping during the Rhodolite garnet show later this week. In that I have a LOT so it has to be different.

I got this ring so far... 3536035

Not a size 5 though, but that is all that is left.

Looks much prettier than what the photo shows.
Yes, that's the ring I wanted but my size was sold out and I won't get it resized. I just won't. But maybe I will lie what I got. If they show another ring I like better - I'll get it. I too look forward to the garnet show and the Montana sapphire. I bought the last ring and necklace set.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

You and I have a lot of similarities. It cracks me up! That was the exact reason I was excited about the Ant Hill garnets! You know how I reconciled the fact that I didn't buy anything from the collection? I remembered what it feels like to be bit by one of those jerks! :lol: :lol: :lol: Fire ants is such an appropriate name. I had my foot soaked in baking soda bath for an hour! So yeah, I appreciate those little ants are giving back to the community, but I just can;t forget the attack they made on my feet and my doggy's poor little paws! Hmm..that was therapeutic. I feel better now not buying! :lol: :lol:
Oh my friend, I know the pain. It's awful. I have a sandy soil so I do fight ants all year long because I live in a hot zone so they never hibernate! They got on my cat's paws once and from that time on, he would walk around an ant hill by a long mile! LOL But I will take them over yellow jackets!
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
3 x